July 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine

July 13 - Reelin’ in the years.
Play a soundtrack or song that appeared in a movie

Turbo Kid -- Chronicles of the Wasteland

Great soundtrack to a really fun movie. Its a movie that revels in 80s/90s nostalgia but in the best possible way. Yes, it is way over the top but that is kinda the point.

View attachment 105964
Oh man, I forgot about this movie. I watched it years ago and remember loving it. Way over the top, but in the very best ways.

July 16 - White Whale
I just discovered this is still sealed, haha. I had to dig though my email to figure out why. I searched for this forever and finally got a copy in November 2015. I ordered the reissues in December 2015. I must have shelved it without opening. I’m playing one of my opened copies.
Brandi Carlile - Give Up the Ghost
98EFEE3A-03CD-47BA-A287-14AECE815DB7.jpeg
D2D017F9-8D6E-4F07-8913-023A59C2D773.jpeg

July 16 - White Whale
I just discovered this is still sealed, haha. I had to dig though my email to figure out why. I searched for this forever and finally got a copy in November 2015. I ordered the reissues in December 2015. I must have shelved it without opening. I’m playing one of my opened copies.
Brandi Carlile - Give Up the Ghost
View attachment 106029
View attachment 106030
Since the only copy of this for sale on Discogs is listed at a sweet $1,000 this might win the white whale category of the thread.

Time to play some catch up:

July 16 - Moby's a Dick - Play a white whale.

Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now

In my early collecting days I was a completionist for Taking Back Sunday and owned everything they had released on vinyl except this album. It's since been repressed, but at the time it was very difficult to find, and expensive when you did. My wife surprised me and picked this one up for me for my birthday one year to complete the collection. I've since gone away from collecting that way and sold off many of those records, but this one is great and too sentimental to sell.

More catchup:

July 17 - Montreal Olympics opening ceremonies in 1976 - Play something competitive

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 2

When I run in races (typically half marathons) I always create a new playlist to run to based on what I'm in to at the time, but one thing that's consistent is the playlist is littered with tracks from this album. RTJ gets me pumped up and I've listened to their songs during every one of my races! (Now I need to find something else to play to get me pumped up for Monday haha)

Back