July 2020 Record Challenge (The Raffle Strikes Back)

Day 26:
An album with great covers:
Koji - Spring Song Vol. 1
I love this cover of Wagon Wheel so much. Something about the passion in his voice and the joy from the crowd singing with him makes me so happy inside. Also, not a cover, but Spring Song makes me full of hope and optimism in these dark times.
image.jpg

Day 27:
An album I own because of a forum member:
The Sundays - Static & Silence
Joint effort from @mdmost and @AnthonyI to get this one flattened and sent to me from a PIF, still listen to this one pretty frequently. Thanks again you two!
image.jpg

Day 28:
An artist(s) with a recognizable voice(s):
Goodie Mob - Soul Food
Big Gipp, Khujo, Cee-Lo, and T-Mo. Fuckin iconic in my eyes
image.jpg

Getting ahead:
Day 29:
An album with lots of synths:
HAIM - Something To Tell You
My least favorite by the trio, but still has some synth-filled slappers to spare.
image.jpg

EDIT: Still waiting on my album I was gonna do for Day 24. Hoping it gets here soon...

Catching up

July 27th
Sharing is caring

Carla Thomas "Comfort me"

@uvwxVinyl did sell me this record and the Koko Taylor Classic in 2018. Fantastic albums 😍🙂👌

IMG_20200729_125245.jpg

July 28th
Incredible voice

Prince "For you"

Prince got such an amazing voice and he can sing in many ways. His voice is immediately recognizable. All his records are amazing. What an artist! 💜💟

IMG_20200729_125501.jpg

July 29th
Synths

Chvrches "Love is dead"

A wonderful album using Indie Synths from Scotland. ❤️ My edition included a beautifully signed picture of the band.

IMG_20200729_125849.jpg

JULY 29
CUE SYNTHESIZER
Play something with a lot of synths

A-ha - Hunting High and Low

59875D63-E9BD-42D2-835C-EA9E06F59BE6.jpeg
The opening synth line on Take On Me is probably one of the most recognizable bits of music from the 80’s. I dare you not to play air piano when listening! The rest of the album is awash I’m glorious synthesizers, too.

29 - Synths

The quintessential synth album, really. I nearly bought this one again by accident through bandbox but got curious and checked my collection to see that I already had it before it was too late to change my selection. Hence it is currently on the listening shelf.

New Order - Technique

7FF65548-143E-4F87-B536-FE8D8D7C2D26.jpeg

Back