Jazz

Depending on how bad the warps are, I'm sure some record store near you might have a flattener. Some here have them and charge a nominal fee to flatten records. Considering you now got them for free, might be worth a shot!
Or there is the vinyl flattening thread in the gear forum.

yea just not sure there's a french flattener on there!

I'll ask my locals if they have this equipment but I have never heard of it.

On a different topic, Portuguese shop Flur has a sale on magazine. You can grab 6 We Jazz magazine for 50€, which is the best price you may find to start a new collection

On a different topic, Portuguese shop Flur has a sale on magazine. You can grab 6 We Jazz magazine for 50€, which is the best price you may find to start a new collection

If you have enough warped records might be worth looking into the vinyl flat or record pi. I’m sure there may be some EU versions or machines as well.

If you have enough warped records might be worth looking into the vinyl flat or record pi. I’m sure there may be some EU versions or machines as well.

I'd buy one if I had many warped second hand records, but it's not the case. Almost all my warped records are VMPs, brand new from the factory. I hope situation will improve with their plant and they will implement a quality control as efficient as their customer service. This would be a game changer.

This is a great price for those We Jazz Magazines. I just bought the 10th issue today for an eye watering £18 :oops:

I'm on a record-buying hiatus, BUT my spot on a coffee/vinyl subscription's waitlist came up starting this month so got my first record yesterday. Something I wasn't familiar with before, might be something you spiritual jazz folks are into:

One of my favorite new jazz releases from last year!

What’s the coffee/vinyl subscription service…..asking for a friend…..

One of my favorite new jazz releases from last year!

What’s the coffee/vinyl subscription service…..asking for a friend…..

Local coffee roaster (very good coffee!). I've been on the waitlist for YEARS, so sign up now if you think it's something you'll ever even possibly be into. You can see their prior offerings here: The Good Thing Archive

Local coffee roaster (very good coffee!). I've been on the waitlist for YEARS, so sign up now if you think it's something you'll ever even possibly be into. You can see their prior offerings here: The Good Thing Archive
Oh I love tandem! We go there every time we go to Portland

WOW!

Just had a look at their past picks and its such a fantastic range of music. This would be a perfect subscription for me if I didnt live halfway across the world 🤣

That's amazing.. unfortunately the 30€ shipping killed that one for me.

Good stuff! Reached out and they offered a cheaper shipping method. Works out to like 11.50€ an issue now including shipping.

Told you! I cannot recommend enough to give them a visit when in Lisbon. During these years I've been a customer, they have always been friendly and helpful. They also have some great selection of records you can hardly find anywhere else in Portugal.

Forgot to share this. Muriel Grossmann’s latest album, Devotion, arrived the other day. Waiting for the weekend to give it a clean and listen but looking forward to it. I opted for the limited coloured pressing on this one so hopefully it sounds good.

View attachment 190202

Hey! Did you had to time to spin it? What are your thoughts?

Back