Jazz

Tease from Jazz Dispensary that, for me, is a red hot tease.

Alice Coltrane/Joe Henderson, Blackstone Legacy, and now another relatively deep cut seems to be on the way from Henderson. Don’t be surprised if they also do Joe Chambers’s “The Almoravid” — not bc I know anything but, rather, bc paid for an OG earlier this year (which I’m very happy with, thankfully).

JD is on its way to being my favorite reissue label if they continue to mine 70s catalogs.
View attachment 182748
I hope Blackstone sells like crazy and they feel confident to take some chances. I re-listened to the whole Joe Henderson Milestone years box set a few weeks ago and it is just so good from front to back. Any of those LPs would be great to see from the dispensary.

Alice Coltrane/Joe Henderson, Blackstone Legacy, and now another relatively deep cut seems to be on the way from Henderson. Don’t be surprised if they also do Joe Chambers’s “The Almoravid” — not bc I know anything but, rather, bc paid for an OG earlier this year (which I’m very happy with, thankfully).

JD is on its way to being my favorite reissue label if they continue to mine 70s catalogs.
View attachment 182748
I need to check out The Elements.

View attachment 182748
All of these are amazing but Power to the People might be my favorite from his Milestone years. The Lighthouse and In Japan albums from the 70’s are straight 🔥 too. A box of those recordings from Jazz Dispensary would be amazing.

I need to check out The Elements.
The Elements is fantastic, one of my favorite's from Henderson for sure. I picked up the Jazz Dispensary pressing a few years ago after @Mr Moore sent me a link to a copy for £20. Well worth that price!

I recently got an OG UK pressing of Tetragon and it blew me away, sounds fantastic. Was there any album by Henderson that wasn't fantastic?!?!

The Elements is fantastic, one of my favorite's from Henderson for sure. I picked up the Jazz Dispensary pressing a few years ago after @Mr Moore sent me a link to a copy for £20. Well worth that price!

I recently got an OG UK pressing of Tetragon and it blew me away, sounds fantastic. Was there any album by Henderson that wasn't fantastic?!?!

Joe H is top tier.
Inner Urge is an underrated BNC in case anyone hasn't grabbed it previously.
One of my favorites.

Bonjour from Paris! Stumbled into Sam’s Records today and marveled at the quaintness of the shop, but more importantly how it’s easily the most well stocked, expertly curated, and charming jazz focused record store I have ever been too. I’ve never had such difficulty picking and choosing a batch of records to leave with. This is what I ended up with. Sam’s records is truly a gem, we’re lucky to have them and the work they do for jazz releases!

IMG_4783.jpeg

Back