Jazz

Oz Noy. Until last Saturday I had never heard that name until a friend mentioned he was going to see guitar player Mr. Noy here in Denver. Hearing that he was accompanied by drummer extraordinaire Dennis Chambers and bassist Jimmy Haslip the wife and I decided to attend the show last night and WOW! Glad we did.
IMG_2789.jpeg

i think the same could possibly be said about the idea of "any electric miles album" working as a record to listen to... because though they are great something like on the corner or get up with it is a bit much for people
Have you heard the Agharta/Dark Magus era albums? People usually bow out around those albums.

I’ve got a OG Japanese Agharta, its a killer album, also got the Blu-Spec CD of Agharta and Pangaea which are probably the best digital versions-fantastic!! Not to be missed!

So I went to the Cyro Baptista show last night and some LA musicians say in with him about 1/2 way through the set. It took me a couple of minutes but I realized I’ve “played” music with them in a park.
Cyro is the best, what a fun guy/performer he is. Have never seen him “solo” but will have to keep an eye on that.

Cyro is the best, what a fun guy/performer he is. Have never seen him “solo” but will have to keep an eye on that.
I’ve mostly seen him with Zorn projects.
Although I have seen him with his band Beat the Donkey. Seeing him solo really changes the mood of his music. The playful joy really comes out. Cyro was wearing a Keith Haring t-shirt and it stuck me how it really matched his personality. With Zorn he blends in with the mysterious intensity.

Uncle Jesse's drumming has never sounded better

I'm pretty sure the whole tracks are going to be on the album, It's a double album so they can fit a lot more than than 8 minutes of music on that-the excerpts are just a Taste of the tracks so you can get the Vibe-Baby .;) . . .unless ya havin a laugh?
Hmm. This is disappointing. Instead of doing a bunch of excerpts, they should 2 or 3 volumes with full tracks like the J Jazz Deep Modern Jazz series.

Hmm. This is disappointing. Instead of doing a bunch of excerpts, they should 2 or 3 volumes with full tracks like the J Jazz Deep Modern Jazz series.
There isn’t going to be a digital version so those ‘excerpts’ are for marketing only, if you want to think of it that way. Full tracks will only exist on vinyl.

There isn’t going to be a digital version so those ‘excerpts’ are for marketing only, if you want to think of it that way. Full tracks will only exist on vinyl.
I'm pretty sure the whole tracks are going to be on the album, It's a double album so they can fit a lot more than than 8 minutes of music on that-the excerpts are just a Taste of the tracks so you can get the Vibe-Baby .;) . . .unless ya havin a laugh?

Nope — I actually thought the bandcamp versions were what was going to be on the record! I don’t recall seeing shortened versions on Bandcamp before so it didn’t really occur to me, but that makes a lot more sense, of course, and good to hear I was wrong!

Nope — I actually thought the bandcamp versions were what was going to be on the record! I don’t recall seeing shortened versions on Bandcamp before so it didn’t really occur to me, but that makes a lot more sense, of course, and good to hear I was wrong!

Not the first time I see this with this label. There will be the complete versions of the tracks, these are only snippets.

Back