Jazz

I have several notebooks within Notes on my iPhone for things like this. If the address is complete, then each will link to Apple Maps automatically
i just put it on google maps because we often just pop on google maps when we get to a new city (or add bars/restaurants/activities we want to do beforehand). Then if we want to share any travel tips with friends, we just send them the google map with the places we liked on it.

This is a go
i might have a problem. every time i see a record store recommended, i save it to google maps in case i ever somehow end up in one of those cities.
I like this idea. I’m normally in the same camp as jamieanderson1968 w Notes, but this is probably more in sync with how I operate when I’m traveling

Four for Trane is fabulous! Don't reckon I need a new copy, but thrilled it'll be more readily available for others
Completely agree, an amazing session.

Fun fact, in the photo Coltrane isn't wearing socks. The reason for this is that he was in bed when he got a phonecall to say that Shepp was recording so he rushed over as quick as he could to get there before it ended, and must have forgotten socks.

Mingus seems like an odd choice given the AS version just came out, but it is a top shelf album for sure. Curious how much of a price/sound differential there will be.

I reckon I'll hopefully pick up the Lateef at least.
I've had a couple of those 180 gram Blue Notes that Elemental put out before Blue Note started the BN80, Tone Poet, and BN Classics series. I thought they were pretty good at the time, but they're digital and are easily bested by the BN reissues, many of which can be had at roughly the same price when they're on sale. And then I bought that Bill Evans at Montreux on Anagram Music (I believe that's a subsidiary of Elemental) last summer, and I was very disappointed. Pressing issues, mastering sounded pretty flat, and the jacket was really cheap looking. I bought the AP 33, and it was worlds better for $15 more.

I don't think I'd pick up any of these Elemental releases that have been reissued or that we know will be reissued by the audiophile labels. But for a release that hasn't been reissued lately that I really wanted, I'd probably take a shot if they're reasonably priced (less than $25).

I've had a couple of those 180 gram Blue Notes that Elemental put out before Blue Note started the BN80, Tone Poet, and BN Classics series. I thought they were pretty good at the time, but they're digital and are easily bested by the BN reissues, many of which can be had at roughly the same price when they're on sale. And then I bought that Bill Evans at Montreux on Anagram Music (I believe that's a subsidiary of Elemental) last summer, and I was very disappointed. Pressing issues, mastering sounded pretty flat, and the jacket was really cheap looking. I bought the AP 33, and it was worlds better for $15 more.

I don't think I'd pick up any of these Elemental releases that have been reissued or that we know will be reissued by the audiophile labels. But for a release that hasn't been reissued lately that I really wanted, I'd probably take a shot if they're reasonably priced (less than $25).
We need a sacrificial lamb to be the one to pick these up and report back!

We need a sacrificial lamb to be the one to pick these up and report back!
Won't be me. I already know they won't be great. Digital, not hires digital, mediocre pressings, the works.

Not seeing anyone else jumping up to volunteer. :cool:

Back