Jazz

Craziest shop I've ever been. Fantastic! I couldn't spend a lot of time in the shop but enough to see a lot of MM releases. I also had 3 copies of the last Artisan. No Donald Byrd so I did not pulled the trigger. I hope I'll have another opportunity to spend more time soon.
I’ll be in Paris for a week in late September, and Sam Records is on the “must visit” list.

Any other record shops in/around Paris you recommend? Jazz venues?

I’ll be in Paris for a week in late September, and Sam Records is on the “must visit” list.

Any other record shops in/around Paris you recommend? Jazz venues?
We are hoping to be there around the same time

Heartbeat Vinyl if you are into Japanese pressings. Paris Jazz Corner and a few minutes from here Gibert.

PARIS JAZZ CLUB, le Réseau des Lieux de Jazz lists all the venues in Paris. Le Duc des Lombards and le Ce Caveau de la Huchette are some of the most popular.

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a while (and will be for a while longer) but was wondering if anyone is still compiling a list of the various jazz reissues like this list which doesn't seem to be updated for a while. I'm trying to see what I've missed and need to track down before it becomes impossible to find.

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a while (and will be for a while longer) but was wondering if anyone is still compiling a list of the various jazz reissues like this list which doesn't seem to be updated for a while. I'm trying to see what I've missed and need to track down before it becomes impossible to find.
Sadly it was getting so hard to keep updated during COVID. By mid 2020 everything was pushed out by several months

My wallet is grateful that this list is not updated anymore.

I've had a particularly busy week or two at work but managed to go to a couple of gigs this weekend.

On Saturday I went to a late-night gig at a tiny 'living room' venue in Brick Lane and saw SAUL, a contemporary duo that mixes jazz with broken beats, synths and keys.

Last night I was thrilled to see British jazz legends, Chris Laurence, Frank Ricotti, Martin France & John Parricelli at the Pizza Express Jazz Club. The tiny club was packed with British jazz royalty, I was assigned a table up at the front just behind Frank's son and exchanged stories. It was honestly one of the most electric, energetic gigs I have seen in years and I was completely blown away. In the break, I got chatting with Chris and he signed my copy of their Jazz In Britain release. He then called over Frank to sign it, then Martin, then John. So I got the full set. Really cool!

IMG_3152.JPGIMG_3160.JPG

The last one, Revelation, had an article on Sun Ra. Its nothing too fancy, a spread of text with a couple of spreads of images (the one below plus an additional on that also had the labels).

View attachment 167753

Nice! In conjunction with the art book. Way cool. I have the first 5 so far. Will order the next 3 when the next issue comes out, most likely.

Nice! In conjunction with the art book. Way cool. I have the first 5 so far. Will order the next 3 when the next issue comes out, most likely.
Yeah I believe so, I'm currently reading that issue now but haven't actually gotten to that bit yet.

I seem to recall We Jazz sending out a Bandcamp message recently saying that they have re-looked into their subscription for the magazine. I haven't seen it yet and have been buying them individually from a shop near my work, but could be worth looking into if shipping doesnt kill it.

Yeah I believe so, I'm currently reading that issue now but haven't actually gotten to that bit yet.

I seem to recall We Jazz sending out a Bandcamp message recently saying that they have re-looked into their subscription for the magazine. I haven't seen it yet and have been buying them individually from a shop near my work, but could be worth looking into if shipping doesnt kill it.

I'll have another look for sure. Previously it was definitely cheaper for me to order two or three at a time than subscribe, takes the hit off the shipping a bit to bundle them. Maybe they've found a way to mitigate that.

Back