Jazz

Grab a copy of this Inner City by Tommy Flanagan if you can, It's one of the best Piano trio records I have ever heard!
IMG_8210.jpg

Serendipity? I walked into my local today and found a minty used copy of this in the bins. I looked at it and thought, "Did someone recommend this to me? Or did I dream that?" Bought it anyway. Came home and looked on the N&G Jazz thread and ... Voilà!!

Thanks, @JohnnyCashFan! Can't wait to give it a spin!

View attachment 136460

Serendipity? I walked into my local today and found a minty used copy of this in the bins. I looked at it and thought, "Did someone recommend this to me? Or did I dream that?" Bought it anyway. Came home and looked on the N&G Jazz thread and ... Voilà!!

Thanks, @JohnnyCashFan! Can't wait to give it a spin!
killer lineup on this one!

this Quiet Kenny went up fast!

people prey on folks not knowing that all these will be repressed. this initial repress was only for a few hundred copies.

i keep seeing people trying to flip all these recent reissues on various forums for $80+. and people are buying them because they are impatient.

people prey on folks not knowing that all these will be repressed. this initial repress was only for a few hundred copies.

i keep seeing people trying to flip all these recent reissues on various forums for $80+. and people are buying them because they are impatient.
By forums you mean Facebook audiophile groups?

Rule #1 of those groups:
Thou shalt not question the price of the seller.

Otherwise they'll ban you. They all just buy 2 to get the free shipping, then flip the other copy to pay for their copy.

Rule #1 of those groups:

Otherwise they'll ban you. They all just buy 2 to get the free shipping, then flip the other copy to pay for their copy.
Yep. And Hoffman classifieds too. One guy waits for AP albums go out of stock to immediately post his copies for 2x retail. And I’m shocked people keep buying them and paying for them. The fb groups are awful but I’ve mostly stayed because they are good for trading albums.

Rule #1 of those groups:

I’ve found that those Facebook groups have quickly become Reddit-esq with the level of gatekeeping I’ve seen. There’s a very well know British jazz saxophonist that started a Facebook page last year and he would go from group to group bashing what he believed to be inaccuracies in peoples posts in a pretty vile way. He seemed to think that he was the keeper of knowledge regarding certain musicians and would literally trash talk people that had any different opinion to his.

And that’s all just one guy :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I’ve found that those Facebook groups have quickly become Reddit-esq with the level of gatekeeping I’ve seen. There’s a very well know British jazz saxophonist that started a Facebook page last year and he would go from group to group bashing what he believed to be inaccuracies in peoples posts in a pretty vile way. He seemed to think that he was the keeper of knowledge regarding certain musicians and would literally trash talk people that had any different opinion to his.

And that’s all just one guy :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

emoji-eye-roll.gif

Interestingly the Mingus said limited to 3,000 on the RSD site. But the album says 5,000 on the sleeve. Pretty surprised this one sold out everywhere. 5,000 is a lot for the price they were charging for it

Back