Jazz

Ha I just realized I have a Nucleus album in my iTunes library.

Yea I’m sure it also helped that Miles was already world famous and had the backing of Columbia.

I just chalk it down to the stew of ideas getting mixed together and multiple people connecting them around the same time.
Yeah for sure!

I agree and I'm sure it helped that Carr was a big fan of Miles as well, to the point where he even wrote a biography about him.

I was wondering if this was a Black Friday release (they have released signed Ron Carter live albums for the past 2 years) but October is a month early. Still, one to look forward to, the previous ones have been fantastic. An interesting duo..

IMG_8456.jpg

I was wondering if this was a Black Friday release (they have released signed Ron Carter live albums for the past 2 years) but October is a month early. Still, one to look forward to, the previous ones have been fantastic. An interesting duo..

View attachment 137219
Would have preferred Ron Carter with Weird Al Yankovic 😬

early reports on the Acoustic Sounds reissue of Coltrane/Hartman are positive, especially Hartman's voice. Can't wait to get mine (waiting for a shipping bundle to fill out). If you get yours early please share your thoughts.

Last edited:
Just want to come in and say, hey, the new Joel Ross is pretty nifty. It’s challenging and engaging, seems to reference the best of avant garde and post bop. At times it sounds like Mingus, at times Coltrane, at times Kamasi. All the while being wholly of itself and cohesive. It’s atmospheric and flowing. It’s pretty damn impressive.

Tucked into this video is mention of a new pressing available from Sam Records. Pretty sure this is a repress of a title he released in 2011, but there's no mention of that. Also, this appears to come with a bonus 10", which I think is new. A bit pricey with shipping to the US, but in a case like this I think it's unavoidable (not available from sellers who might charge less for shipping, at least not yet). Limited to 2,000.

Tucked into this video is mention of a new pressing available from Sam Records. Pretty sure this is a repress of a title he released in 2011, but there's no mention of that. Also, this appears to come with a bonus 10", which I think is new. A bit pricey with shipping to the US, but in a case like this I think it's unavoidable (not available from sellers who might charge less for shipping, at least not yet). Limited to 2,000.

This is a fantastic album. Yes, the 10" is new and looks pretty good. Funnily, the Lester Young was the more pricey one to find on the resale for quite a while so good to see Fred actively trying to combat the demand.

For you UK jazz fans there is a reasonably priced copy of the Art Pepper RSD release on ebay.

Nothing to do with me and im not interested in getting it, but I have seen listings for a lot lot more than this so might be of interest.

Art Pepper Ebay Link

Edit: Annnnnd its gone.

Last edited:
Back