Jazz

Just got a shipping update for this one. Think there were a few others here that had ordered this so hopefully you've received it too.

Just received my copy. Unfortunately has a seem split, so I've pinged them to see if they can issue a replacement sleeve, otherwise looks ok.

Did anyone pick up the Craft Charlie Parker box? I was wondering what it sounded like, I know it's pressed at GZ, I can't seem to find much about the quality online.

Just shared on the VMP Store thread, but looks like the Thelonious Monk - Palo Alto rights issue has been fixed. VMP are looking at an October release now so I assume everywhere else will have in stock around or before then!

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 16.11.36.png

Just shared on the VMP Store thread, but looks like the Thelonious Monk - Palo Alto rights issue has been fixed. VMP are looking at an October release now so I assume everywhere else will have in stock around or before then!

View attachment 64502
Great news! Back on Amazon for pre-order, too, so likely no more issues. Fingers crossed!

Have a look at the quote above. The Getz/Gilberto is £24.99 on Amazon UK and $20 on Amazon US
Got mine from Amazon US for that price, came in surprisingly great packaging - LP protective mailer inside a larger box with bubble protection. The Armstrong/Robertson and Tone Poets have come the same way in the last few weeks, which is nice to see considering I've gotten LPs from them with literally zero packaging before. Just a label slapped directly on the shrink lol

Got mine from Amazon US for that price, came in surprisingly great packaging - LP protective mailer inside a larger box with bubble protection. The Armstrong/Robertson and Tone Poets have come the same way in the last few weeks, which is nice to see considering I've gotten LPs from them with literally zero packaging before. Just a label slapped directly on the shrink lol
Yeah I have seen a lot of posts like that on instagram and the like. I have never seen that level of poor packaging from them in the UK (yet anyway....).

I am now part of the Italian Pizza Box crew though:

IMG_0562.jpg

Anyone have the AP Bill Evans Live At The Montreux Jazz Festival? Trying to decide between the 33 RPM or 45, wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on whether the 45 is worth the extra money.

I have the 33. Sounds fantastic. Can't imagine the 45 would be an enormous improvement

Experienced a bit of jazz vinyl related controversy.

Back in 2019, Yazz Ahmed released a 12" record limited to 50 copies (@Skalap I believe you were thinking of picking this up at some point?). I picked it up from the Ixchel Records in January, along with her full-length album. On the website the big selling point they used was the limited pressing with a promise of no repressing. I just checked up on discogs and it turns out they repressed another 450 copies with another caveat of 'no more repressings'. Very shady if you ask me, especially considering that they changed the text to say that the first 50 came with a signed print (mine didnt). So looks like they potentially had the repressed records and never updated the website, and therefore misled customers.

Still, its a great track with a cool etching.

View attachment 64578

NOW SPINNING: Miles Davis & John Coltrane - The Final Tour: Copenhagen, March 24, 1960

IN QUEUE:

The Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Jazz nerds - I just found this Miles/Coltrane in the wild thinking it was actually the one that VMP did. But, looks like it is 4 days later. Is there a full series of the "Final Tour" or did they just press these two dates? Thanks in advance!

Alright I need one more AP to round out my Acoustic Sounds purchase> I'm between the following:
  • Duke Ellington "Jazz Party"
  • Duke Ellington "Blues in Orbit"
  • Ahmad Jamal Trio "At The Pershing"
  • Helen Merril "S/T"
  • Miles Davis "Someday My Prince Will Come"
Any thoughts/recs are appreciated!

Alright I need one more AP to round out my Acoustic Sounds purchase> I'm between the following:
  • Duke Ellington "Jazz Party"
  • Duke Ellington "Blues in Orbit"
  • Ahmad Jamal Trio "At The Pershing"
  • Helen Merril "S/T"
  • Miles Davis "Someday My Prince Will Come"
Any thoughts/recs are appreciated!

I grabbed the Helen Merrill S/T during AS’s Memorial Day Sale and absolutely love it.

Jazz nerds - I just found this Miles/Coltrane in the wild thinking it was actually the one that VMP did. But, looks like it is 4 days later. Is there a full series of the "Final Tour" or did they just press these two dates? Thanks in advance!
I figured if anyone knew, it’d be y’all!

Back