Jazz

Pretty sure that’s only 1 LP, but it comes in a gatefold sleeve, if you have a look at the track listing there is only side A and side B same as original, .
So im not sure how this slipped through, but I just ordered Miles In Tokyo: Miles Davis Live In Concert from Juno to be delivered tomorrow. This was one of the 3 that I was after tomorrow so im super happy with this. Pricey, but it is a 2lp set, first reissue since the 80's and looks to be a nice set. Total cost £29 inc postage which is the price it costs at Rough Trade without postage.

Pretty sure that’s only 1 LP, but it comes in a gatefold sleeve, if you have a look at the track listing there is only side A and side B same as original, .

Hmmm you seem to be right. Rough trade has it listed as 2LP set so they must have the info wrong. I actually wondered what they had done to make it 2 as I was looking at the other pressings on discogs earlier in the week and they are all 1 as well.

I think you're right with that but boy, does that make the B Side lengthy at just shy of 30 minutes. Let us know how it sound @Selaws - I think I'll hold off this one until reports come in.

Yeah, It'll have to be cut pretty quiet I think . I don't have this on Vinyl but I was thinking the same thing about the length.

I think you're right with that but boy, does that make the B Side lengthy at just shy of 30 minutes. Let us know how it sound @Selaws - I think I'll hold off this one until reports come in.

I popped into Rough Trade this morning and picked up the records I wanted. Its was a horrible experience, which I wont be doing again (this was the first time I have gone in the morning). Anyway, managed to pick up:

Bill Evans - Live at Art D’lugoff’s. Hefty price but I missed out on his Live in England release and was gutted. This looks to be a great, high-quality set.

The Comet is Coming - Afterlife. I wasnt actually expecting to see this and was happy to wait (@Skalap mentioned it will get a wider release at some point) but luckily it was the last one so I snagged it.

Miles Davis - Early Minor: Rare Miles From The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions. I pulled this out and wanted to read through but a staff member told me I wasnt allowed to stand at the side to look at it (which is a weird thing to say). Anyway, the queue was long enough that I was able to properly read and it seems like an interesting selection. Might end up passing it onto my brother so that he can pay for it and give it to me for Christmas :rolleyes:

Also ordered the Miles Davis - Miles In Tokyo: Miles Davis Live In Concert which will also be passed on to be gifted......back to me 🤣

I popped into Rough Trade this morning and picked up the records I wanted. Its was a horrible experience, which I wont be doing again (this was the first time I have gone in the morning). Anyway, managed to pick up:

Bill Evans - Live at Art D’lugoff’s. Hefty price but I missed out on his Live in England release and was gutted. This looks to be a great, high-quality set.

The Comet is Coming - Afterlife. I wasnt actually expecting to see this and was happy to wait (@Skalap mentioned it will get a wider release at some point) but luckily it was the last one so I snagged it.

Miles Davis - Early Minor: Rare Miles From The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions. I pulled this out and wanted to read through but a staff member told me I wasnt allowed to stand at the side to look at it (which is a weird thing to say). Anyway, the queue was long enough that I was able to properly read and it seems like an interesting selection. Might end up passing it onto my brother so that he can pay for it and give it to me for Christmas :rolleyes:

Also ordered the Miles Davis - Miles In Tokyo: Miles Davis Live In Concert which will also be passed on to be gifted......back to me 🤣

Congrats and sorry for your experience. The FOMO seems to hit some people at a very high point :(

Congrats and sorry for your experience. The FOMO seems to hit some people at a very high point :(
I think thats exactly what it is. I would have been annoyed had I not got any of those that I wanted, but I would have gotten over it instantly. Its just a hobby at the end of the day.

Having said that, my family has been texting for weeks asking what I want for Christmas, so im going to pass a few of these to them to give me 🤣 . Everyone's a winner!

I just bought 5 x BN80 reissues from Fnac Portugal (I'll be in Lisbon in a couple of weeks). They have a 25% discount on all the vinyls and even 50% on Pink Floyd CD boxsets (3 Immersions and Discovery).

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Indestructible!
Kenny Dorham - Una Mas (One More Time)
Grant Green - Grant's First Stand ‎
Freddie Hubbard - Open Sesame
Freddie Hubbard - Hub-Tones

I just bought 5 x BN80 reissues from Fnac Portugal (I'll be in Lisbon in a couple of weeks). They have a 25% discount on all the vinyls and even 50% on Pink Floyd CD boxsets (3 Immersions and Discovery).

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Indestructible!
Kenny Dorham - Una Mas (One More Time)
Grant Green - Grant's First Stand ‎
Freddie Hubbard - Open Sesame
Freddie Hubbard - Hub-Tones
Great list there buddy. I have the Open Sesame and its superb, really really good!

That Miles stuff is all on the complete In A Silent Way Box, that’s well worth picking up , it’s 3 CD’s and great liner notes and well worth a listen or many.

92E8DA42-1E68-4E54-8CBE-DF1D25503EB0.jpeg069B205F-4326-46E5-B8AE-FA7A967A1ED2.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That Miles stuff is all on the complete In A Silent Way Box, that’s well worth picking up , it’s 3 CD’s and great liner notes and well worth a listen or many.
View attachment 24244View attachment 24245
Fantastic, good to hear! Up to this point I believe the Mosaic box set (which is wayyyyy to expensive for me on the resale market) was the only opportunity to pick up this recording on wax? Although it does say its the first time on the hype sticker :unsure:

Well the mosaic box is just this stuff done on vinyl, I’ not sure you get the liner notes in the mosaic box, they are pretty extensive 52 pages!! Mosaic did all the complete Miles boxes on vinyl I think except maybe On The Corner, But the CD sets are really good, they were originally done in metal boxes , but most were also released in long boxes or another cheaper option except On The Corner & Seven Steps to Heaven off the top of my head, 2nd Great Quintet one is fantastic, On The Corner, Cellar Door Sessions,I mean they all are obviously, the notes are very extensive and they are some of my favourite CD box sets that I own.
image.jpg
ps, sorry just reread your post and if you need this on Vinyl well other than the Mosaic box, that release is probably the only way to get them on wax, but the 3 CD box is still a great alternative and I think it’s still available and should be pounced upon if you want to get these complete Miles sessions/ bands/ era without spending crazy money on Vinyl box sets without all the artwork/liner notes.

Last edited:
Well the mosaic box is just this stuff done on vinyl, I’ not sure you get the liner notes in the mosaic box, they are pretty extensive 52 pages!! Mosaic did all the complete Miles boxes on vinyl I think except maybe On The Corner, But the CD sets are really good, they were originally done in metal boxes , but most were also released in long boxes or another cheaper option except On The Corner & Seven Steps to Heaven off the top of my head, 2nd Great Quintet one is fantastic, On The Corner, Cellar Door Sessions,I mean they all are obviously, the notes are very extensive and they are some of my favourite CD box sets that I own.

I really need to get a cd player 🤣

They are really well done and the liner notes are phenomenal, track by track shit, featuring relevant musicians etc, here is a picture of the 2nd Great quintet one, it’s got 6 cd’s on the left and the liners are on the right.View attachment 24247
That sounds great, exaclty the kind of thing I like. I picked up an Ornette Coleman box set in the week which has a 12x12 booklet (about 10 sides) full of info and photos, a great amount considering its a short booklet. I sat reading and listening to it last night and it was a great evening.

A crosspost for those who haven´t seen. This is the AOTM of Wax Buyes Club
1574698841276.png

180g black Vinyl, pressed at Pallas
with a facsimile poster of the gig
Teasing? Teasing!

here a picture to help you find out what great record is it. Discogs users are cheaters!View attachment 23841

Back