Jazz

What a bozo. Chad always goes all high and mighty about only putting out music he likes, shits on Alice Coltrane then realized thereā€™s money to be made and changed his tune
The fact that he said he would let someone else issue those avante garde titles, and then goes on to press Karma before Journey is insane lol

l love both albums but Journey would sell probably double the amount. Maybe heā€™s coming around to his senses and branching out where there is money to be made.

The fact that he said he would let someone else issue those avante garde titles, and then goes on to press Karma before Journey is insane lol

l love both albums but Journey would sell probably double the amount. Maybe heā€™s coming around to his senses and branching out where there is money to be made.
Money is his biggest motivator.

RL Journey is a rock album. Zero interest upgrading to a ChadšŸ™„

@Selaws this might interest youā€¦

Thanks for this. Too rich for my blood but pretty incredible to see all those Esquire's in 1 place. Love the artwork on them.
Guys from Tokyo Jazz Joints launched a Kickstarter campaign to print their first book. IIRC @Selaws posted about this some time ago.

Cheers man! I splashed out and pledged for the book and photo print. Philip (the photographer) then messaged to say thanks and that he enjoys seeing the posts I put on Instagram, so he must have worked out who I was as my name is different on Kickstarter haha.

yep--i know you're all about the cheap heat so thought you'd appreciate this one!
I was just playing some old Duke 6 eyes this week.
They are all in great shape and were under $10. Amazing sounding LP's.

Check out the Mingus Twofer link I posted.
It's absolutely stunning.
Includes "Mingus Ah Um" and "Mingus Dynasty"

View attachment 159819
Just trying out Pneuma.
It looks like Daniel Krieger from SST has put his name to the deadwax.
Sound on side one has been excellent, clean, dynamic and with silent silence which is important on this side.
Side two is shaping up well too. A much more musical side and the instruments sound clear, well defined, the piano, violin and percussion all sound wonderful to me - In the same league as the BN Classics/TPs that I've heard so far.
Definitely a shame that the sleeve is a single straight to board print and not a nice replica. The inner images from the gatefold have been reproduced well onto a printed paper inner but I'd have paid extra for a better treatment of this. That being said, for a budget release, the audio is really nice.
So I ended up picking up Marion Brown - Vista and Michael White - Pneuma. Just spun Vista and it sounds pretty great to me. Quite vinyl, flat and dynamic. Thanks for the heads up on this series!

I just found a store in Osaka with a bunch of Jazz LP's for 1000Ā„(around $8 USD) each. If anyone is interested I can swing by later to check out what is there.

I sent an email to Morpho Records this morning. I then read that they are closed on Wednesday. They seem to have some nice records if you are there for a few days and want to visit them.

BLDG 209, 1-chōme-9-28 Nishishinsaibashi, Chūō-ku, Osaka, 542-0086, Japan

Back