Jazz

Amazing, thats quite a killer care package! Hope he's on the mend!
He seems to be slowly getting better, thankfully. He's v fit so it was a real shock. Fortunately I've got 20ish colleagues dotted around Europe who all wanted to show their appreciation of him and as he and I spend most of our "work" conversations talking about jazz I volunteered to spend the dosh. It was almost as good as buying the records myself!

A friend told me he LOVES this album.

I bough that in the 90's, great album

I bough that in the 90's, great album
Has a little Zappa feel to it in a way doesn't it ? Going to see if I can find the full album on streaming. Thanks!

I'm intrigued. Didn't know that Alphonse Mouzon and Miroslav Vitous are both on this album.

A couple of questions: (1) Has anyone bought a "damaged" LP from Plaidroom before? Is it usually just a minor corner ding or something more? And (2) How does this deluxe color reissue sound versus a standard black version? I really don't care about "Fire Orange" if the sound is less good as a result.

I'm intrigued. Didn't know that Alphonse Mouzon and Miroslav Vitous are both on this album.

A couple of questions: (1) Has anyone bought a "damaged" LP from Plaidroom before? Is it usually just a minor corner ding or something more? And (2) How does this deluxe color reissue sound versus a standard black version? I really don't care about "Fire Orange" if the sound is less good as a result.
Yes, in my experience their damaged are better than standard VMP deliveries

Has anyone had a listen to the new Slowly Rolling Camera release from today? Where the streets lead. I really enjoyed it and so have ordered direct from the label - Edition Records. I went for the signed gatefold limited to 200.

Jeff Parker - JP's Myspace Beats
Nice nod to Isotope 217 "Who stole the iWalkman?"
080_500.jpg

I must say that the Barney Wilen La Note Bleue box set from RSD is pretty impressive. The pressing is pretty great on silent vinyl for me. I haven’t checked out the CD get. You also get a huge book of liner notes in addition to the graphic novel. Very pleased I picked it up. I do wish that the mastering for the vinyl was done by a big name mastering engineer but the end result was quite good.

I’ve got the complete Plugged Nicel CD box, it’s amazing, they really pull the tunes apart, regarding Europe 67 the CD set has a DVD that you don’t get with the vinyl and you’d save much pounds and the sound is on par, I don’t know if the vinyl box is worth it.
Ah thanks for this, I will have a look at them for sure! And I suspect I will end up streaming the full set at some point.

I was actually looking at those Bootleg series the other day and the Live In Europe 67 looked like a nice set, although I imagine the vinyl pressing would set me back around £90. I have streamed it before and seem to remember it being really great so I will do that again I think.

Cheers

I’ve got the complete Plugged Nicel CD box, it’s amazing, they really pull the tunes apart, regarding Europe 67 the CD set has a DVD that you don’t get with the vinyl and you’d save much pounds and the sound is on par, I don’t know if the vinyl box is worth it.

I had plugged nickel cd set in college, I believe it was a present from my sister. It’s a lot of music!!! So much it was overwhelming. It’s nuts what these guys did. I’m a Tony fan and he really didn’t get to shine as much as other records he on.

Back