Jazz

1000 copies? lol this isn't Comet Is Coming which has a mass appeal, this is some pretty niche and weird spiritual jazz. I'll be amazed if this one flies off the shelf.
I'm counting on it making it to swaps. $40 + and 1000 ltd. I don't see it selling out anytime soon. even Comet is Coming took awhile to sell out IIRC. I had also heard that some of the other Impulse pressings like Comet is Coming sounded pretty bad so I have held off on buying them and will likely stream instead...

I'm counting on it making it to swaps. $40 + and 1000 ltd. I don't see it selling out anytime soon. even Comet is Coming took awhile to sell out IIRC. I had also heard that some of the other Impulse pressings like Comet is Coming sounded pretty bad so I have held off on buying them and will likely stream instead...

The VMP version of the Comet is Coming, sounded great. I had the Uk version & went for the VMP one as well (I was going to give one to my brother). If I remember it was a Bernie Grundman lacquer cut. I think the standard US version was the same. The UK pressing was definitely not as good. The UK/Impulse pressing of the Sons of Kemet album definitely had some issues.

Worth a punt with the 25% discount code, I reckon.

There is a new Terrace Martin out today (with Kamasi Washington or Ronald Bruner Jr). Only digital for now but I hope it will be released on vinyl at some point. IMO, his first album Velvet Portraits is a modern classic along The Epic or Your Queen Is A Reptile.

1580500833045.png

Spotify :

There is a new Terrace Martin out today (with Kamasi Washington or Ronald Bruner Jr). Only digital for now but I hope it will be released on vinyl at some point. IMO, his first album Velvet Portraits is a modern classic along The Epic or Your Queen Is A Reptile.

View attachment 30973

Spotify :

Nice! Gotta check this one out. He's really great live. Got to see him play with Kamasi, Thundercat, Taylor McFerrin and Ronald Bruner awhile back. It's crazy all those dudes and Glasper have known each other since they were like 10 playing at jazz camps together.

Now-Again has released a 5LP box set of Black Fire Records albums. For any of you who missed some of these releases from VMP! Can also buy solo but the 5LP box is only $100 which is not a bad deal IMO.

Now-Again has released a 5LP box set of Black Fire Records albums. For any of you who missed some of these releases from VMP! Can also buy solo but the 5LP box is only $100 which is not a bad deal IMO.
Well worth it, the VMP pressings (assuming these are the same) are superb as are the jackets.

Well worth it, the VMP pressings (assuming these are the same) are superb as are the jackets.

Says they are laquered direct from tape by Grundman so I'm sure they sound great. I got Experience Unlimited from the PIF thread but don't have any of the others.

Instabuy. I don't know if I should buy the box and the 4 Juju's records separately. Will depend on the retail price here in Europe.

Back