Jazz

Gutted I missed out on this. Anyone here get it? Pretty good when you consider its 2 records plus shipping (and golden rule goes for upwards of £70)

I got it. Mostly because I want to support RR Gems and the deal isn't THAT bad. And signed records are cool. I told them to charge me for international shipping because I feel bad getting free shipping to the US when they're trying to do a little fundraiser.

Anyone have thoughts on Jeff Parker?
I generally buy everything that comes from International Anthem, but am not familiar with him.

Great guitarist, and his music has elements of jazz, funk and electronic improvisation. I would give a listen to his previous release 'The New Breed', which was dedicated to his dad. This new one is dedicated to his mom Max(ine), and there is a single available (Makaya McCraven on drums). He lives in L.A. now, but was around the Chicago scene for a long time, playing with Makaya and others, and an extended stint with the indie band Tortoise.

Great guitarist, and his music has elements of jazz, funk and electronic improvisation. I would give a listen to his previous release 'The New Breed', which was dedicated to his dad. This new one is dedicated to his mom Max(ine), and there is a single available (Makaya McCraven on drums). He lives in L.A. now, but was around the Chicago scene for a long time, playing with Makaya and others, and an extended stint with the indie band Tortoise.

Makaya McCraven is the new Shabaka Hutchings. He is on every jazz record out there (Antoine Berjeaut's Moving Cities, Junius Paul's Ism, Ashley Henry's Beautiful Vinyl Hunter, Tensei's EPs, Gil Scott-Heron's We're New Again and now Jeff Parker new album).

Makaya McCravaen is the new Shabaka Hutchings. He is on every jazz record out there (Antoine Berjeaut's Moving Cities, Junius Paul's Ism, Ashley Henry's Beautiful Vinyl Hunter, Tensei's EPs, Gil Scott-Heron's We're New Again and now Jeff Parker new album).
Imagine Shabaka and Makaya in one band... :)

giphy.gif

Oh, and some of you might enjoy this one:
3TM ‎– Lake + Abyss

And you can pick up this beauty from the same label as well:
Petter Eldh - Koma Saxo

Silvio (my Venetian mask) definitely likes the look of these two. We just need to find time to actually listen to them!

1DC7E2FF-8F30-42D4-B944-E9A53B88709A.jpeg

Oh, and some of you might enjoy this one:
3TM ‎– Lake + Abyss

And you can pick up this beauty from the same label as well:
Petter Eldh - Koma Saxo
Just sampled some of the tracks and both of these sound fantastic! Cheers!

For anyone who has been enjoying all the great Belgian jazz recently (@Skalap @Mather others?), I found this on Juno the other day and the samples sound very tasty. Appears to be a compilation of modern Dutch jazz
VARIOUS Super Sonic Family vinyl at Juno Records.
Very cool, unfortunately Juno recently changed their shipping policies and now everything from them costs a fortune to ship here but I bet I can find it locally... Thanks for the heads up!

Back