January 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread :: Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.

Day 23 - “I never thought a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland or anywhere else was a good idea”
On this day in 1986 the first musicians were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Play something by an artist who was then or has since been inducted.

The Cars "The Cars" (1978 Elektra; 2009 MOFI remaster)
Inducted in 2018.

IMG_2119.JPG

Day 23 - “I never thought a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland or anywhere else was a good idea”
On this day in 1986 the first musicians were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Play something by an artist who was then or has since been inducted.

Twofer!

Bill Graham does the intro on this, he was inducted in 1992. The Grateful Dead had to wait till '94.

Grateful Dead ~ One from the Vault

1642986650252.png

Hey, it's Roland Schitt!
You know I really gotta give Schitt’s Creek another shot. I think the hype got me and it didn’t blow me away in the first couple episodes so I gave up. If I had taken the same tact with The Office or Parks & Recreation I woulda really missed out. Love Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara though so I gotta try again.

Chris Ellliott on Get A Life is fantastically stupid in the all best ways recommend giving it a go, if you can find it streaming anywhere and love really daft comedy.

You know I really gotta give Schitt’s Creek another shot. I think the hype got me and it didn’t blow me away in the first couple episodes so I gave up. If I had taken the same tact with The Office or Parks & Recreation I woulda really missed out. Love Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara though so I gotta try again.
Yeah, you really should. The fact that Eugene Levy is the least impressive of the main characters (imho) really says something about the cast.

Also, it wasn't until the second time through that I got the joke in Roland's name.

Back