January 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread :: Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.

Yeah, you really should. The fact that Eugene Levy is the least impressive of the main characters (imho) really says something about the cast.

Also, it wasn't until the second time through that I got the joke in Roland's name.

I didn't get it till just now, thanks! I wonder if his character was familiar with Don't Spook The Horse.

Day 23 - “I never thought a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland or anywhere else was a good idea”
On this day in 1986 the first musicians were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Play something by an artist who was then or has since been inducted.

I have to say their website is really annoying with the "dirty screen look." Probably should have just used wikipedia, lol.

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus

PXL_20220125_163929003.jpg

Day 23: “I never thought a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland or anywhere else was a good idea”
On this day in 1986 the first musicians were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Play something by an artist who was then or has since been inducted.

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac
92289A69-34D8-4D2F-AEA7-BD9DED21502D.jpeg

As I said in my post for the Iconic Woman challenge day, Stevie Nicks is the only woman to be inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame twice, her first go around was with Fleetwood Mac.

Day 25: Observe the Weather Day
Play something about weather.

Roy Ayers Ubiquity - Everybody Loves The Sunshine
09804D16-CA2B-48A5-A4E3-672B797D0F56.jpeg
During these grey Pacific Northwest winters one of the things that gets you through it is promise of some gorgeous sunshine in the Summer (and maybe a tiny bit in the Spring too). Until then I got Roy Ayers to keep me company.

Back