January 2021 Challenge Thread - It's All One Song! And One Raffle!

Day 1: “Baby, Mellow My Mind” – National Hangover Day - Play something that would help get you through a hangover.

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

"Son of a bitch, give me a drink!" Nothing cures a hangover like just continuing to drink!haha I also picked this one for the album closer, Mellow Out.

Funny, that’s one of the albums I spun on NYE, thereby contributing to my hangover.

Day 1: “Baby, Mellow My Mind” – National Hangover Day - Play something that would help get you through a hangover.

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

"Son of a bitch, give me a drink!" Nothing cures a hangover like just continuing to drink!haha I also picked this one for the album closer, Mellow Out.

Funny, that’s one of the albums I spun on NYE, thereby contributing to my hangover.

And you've got the Night Sweats right in the name. That's a sure sign a hangover is coming!

Day 2: “Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying in the yellow haze of the sun” – National Science Fiction Day. Play something out of this world.

The Grid
A digital frontier
I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer
What do they look like?
Ships? Motorcycles?
Were the circuits like freeways?
I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see
And then, one day, I got in.

Daft Punk ~ Tron Legacy Soundtrack

1609620992870.png

Day 2: “Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying in the yellow haze of the sun” – National Science Fiction Day. Play something out of this world.

Jim Sullivan "U.F.O"

Out of the world regarding the lyrics. "Looking at the sun dancing through the sky." Beautiful melodies. And then of course the mysterious story of Sullivan's disappearance which some think was an abduction by aliens.

But what I wonder about is in case that there are extraterrestrials (which I think is very likely): Do they create music too? What does it sound like? So much to discover in a distant future. 👽👾🤖

IMG_20210103_152346.jpg

Day 3 - Mrs. Soul

A secret Santa present from @D Jilla . I had a few of her albums already, but not this, her last for Warner and the last one before She retreated from the limelight. She had already started her Vedantic Center. The first side is a continuation of her explorations of jazz in the context of her spiritual transformation and journey. The second side takes a more gospel approach and is some of the most soul stirring music I’ve ever heard. It gives me the spine shivers that I expect people get from her husband’s A Love Supreme.

7A4DEDB9-75C0-4CBB-B1AF-E8109CDBC417.jpeg
Alice Coltrane - Transcendence

Back