January 2021 Challenge Thread - It's All One Song! And One Raffle!

Day 1: “Baby, Mellow My Mind” – National Hangover Day - Play something that would help get you through a hangover.

Bibio - Ribbons

20200329_122939-jpg.38440

Day 1: “Baby, Mellow My Mind” – National Hangover Day - Play something that would help get you through a hangover.

No hangover for me - did celebrate with a Stone Brewery Enjoy by 1.1.2021 - but a lazy day for sure. Some great choices thus far!

This one is starting the year off on a mellow vibe for me:

Feist ~ Let it Die

1609546566365.png

Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins - Rabbit Fire Coat
PXL_20210102_033740311.MP.jpg

Only a mild hangover early this morning. This album is just so comforting to me.

Day 1: “Mellow My Mind”
Bon Iver — 22, A Million

hate being hungover, mostly because my main symptoms are uncontrollable anxiety, fatigue, and some slight depression. Those rare days it happens, this album helps steady the mind and focus on feeling good.

image.jpg

Day 2: “Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying in the yellow haze of the sun” – National Science Fiction Day. Play something out of this world.

Guided By Voices - Alien Lanes

A85E10AE-11FD-4FDE-86F5-08CF08AF64DB.jpeg

GBV has lots of songs and albums with sci-fi/UFO-themed titles to choose from. This album was the beginning of an obsession with this band. I was instructed to listen to it via headphones the first time through

Day 2: “Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying in the yellow haze of the sun” – National Science Fiction Day. Play something out of this world.

Lost in space
I heard you were lost in space
That's such a lonely place
For you to be

Neil Young - Hawks & Doves

View attachment 82199

Are you doing an all-Neil Young month? 🔥🔥🔥

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

"Son of a bitch, give me a drink!" Nothing cures a hangover like just continuing to drink!haha I also picked this one for the album closer, Mellow Out.

Parliament - Mothership Connection

This is always the first thing that comes to mind for me when thinking out of this world. It's a fantastic album, but I really gotta add some more records to the collection that fit this description haha

Back