January 2021 Challenge Thread - It's All One Song! And One Raffle!

Day 16: “Aurora borealis, The Icy Sky At Night” – Play something from the northern hemisphere. The colder the better.

Gregory Alan Isakov - This Empty Northern Hemisphere

Thanks again to my secret Santa this year @Memo for this great record, I’ve listened to it quite a few times since it arrived.

IMG_20210116_131226_441.jpg

Day 16: “Aurora borealis, The Icy Sky At Night” – Play something from the northern hemisphere. The colder the better.

Sasami - s/t

Cover photo from Alaska

PXL_20210116_200928768.jpg

. Northern Lights Kiruna.jpgNorthern Lights Kiruna-2.jpg

Day 16 - Northern hemisphere

Eivor - Live in Torshavn

Music from the Faroe Islands. Stunning place.

View attachment 84097

And @TenderLovingKiller® - lay off Norway! Today was very bright, as well as fucking freezing...

View attachment 84098
LOL, right on! If you don’t mind me ask in’ about how many hours of daylight do you get this time of year? In the Pacific Northwest people from the Southern part of the country complain about it getting dark here by 4 PM.

Day 16: “Aurora borealis, The Icy Sky At Night”

A Swedish band from Linköping - most members became Ghost for a while - until Tobias fired them all or they quit.

Magna Carta Cartel ‎– Goodmorning Restrained
Lövely ‎– LLY014, 2009/2017

Pressed at GZ

20ceyU.jpg

Uu5Sbt.jpg

20210116_143843 (2).jpg

Agnes Obel - Citizen of Glass

Being from the American Southwest, Canada and all of Europe count as north to me. Since the artists from Iceland I have on vinyl were taken, I decided Denmark is northern enough for today!

20200808_151427-jpg.60670

Day 16: “Aurora borealis, The Icy Sky At Night”

A Swedish band from Linköping - most members became Ghost for a while - until Tobias fired them all or they quit.

Magna Carta Cartel ‎– Goodmorning Restrained
Lövely ‎– LLY014, 2009/2017

Pressed at GZ

20ceyU.jpg

Uu5Sbt.jpg

View attachment 84134

why does it bother me that they didn’t just call themselves magna cartel?

LOL, right on! If you don’t mind me ask in’ about how many hours of daylight do you get this time of year? In the Pacific Northwest people from the Southern part of the country complain about it getting dark here by 4 PM.
Not that many. At the worst it's dark here around 3.30 (now more like 4ish and notably getting lighter almost daily). The snow really helps make it less dark. And of course up north they have a couple of months of total darkness (and midnight sun in the summer) - that's spooky...

Back