J-Jazz (Japanese Jazz)

I hate that with so many TBM records in need for a repress, they go with Misty, repressed in 2022 by Craftman, and Mine, repressed in 2020 by Le Très Jazz Club. Even Sailing Ice had a repress in 2016.

Though, I am buying Sailing Ice as even the repress is very expensive and Mine to upgrade my copy. Not sure about Misty even if BG is behind it. I hope they will repress more :)

Do I sound a bit bi polar?
Sailing Ice is a very underrated album. Glad it’s getting a great reissue.

Also anything by Le Tres Jazz club can easily be beat. Agree on Misty though.

Same here. He is pretty vague on sourcing to be honest but I trust him to put out the best possible record. On the other hand, I'll probably never have the funds to buy original records of some stuff he reissues so I have no choice but to trust him :p
for the most part agree - but they are definitely variable, some are better than others, but this probably has to do with the recordings - these are cut from digital files, and that's not something I care about in general (as long as it sounds good)

also - was wrong the Think! reissue was not from the Master Tapes series...

also - Ogawa-san is a legend and a nice man and is doing the hero's work bringing these out

A few new Sony japan TBM reissues coming out. Seem to be cut by Bernie
also very interesting - like that they are mixing it up a bit - BG has been cutting some of the big city pop reissues that have come out in the last few years (and I also think Japanese consumers are starting to ask about these things) from digital - there isn't a lot of clarity on the TBM tapes, but we all know the whole catalog was released on CD over the last few years....my totally uniformed guess is these are digital...but lets hope

also very interesting - like that they are mixing it up a bit - BG has been cutting some of the big city pop reissues that have come out in the last few years (and I also think Japanese consumers are starting to ask about these things) from digital - there isn't a lot of clarity on the TBM tapes, but we all know the whole catalog was released on CD over the last few years....my totally uniformed guess is these are digital...but lets hope
I doubt that they sent tapes to Bernie to cut, so my guess is digital too. I think the Impex TBM were digital as well

I doubt that they sent tapes to Bernie to cut, so my guess is digital too. I think the Impex TBM were digital as well
people seem fired up about the Impex TBM reissues - I only have the two later ones that were recorded to PCM digital in the first place (which sound/look amazing) - but the Impex team is the old Cisco team, so they have a serious existing relationship with the TBM catalog - it would be interesting if anyone had any real information here

people seem fired up about the Impex TBM reissues - I only have the two later ones that were recorded to PCM digital in the first place (which sound/look amazing) - but the Impex team is the old Cisco team, so they have a serious existing relationship with the TBM catalog - it would be interesting if anyone had any real information here

I don't know about the reissues but the compilation they did is absolutely amazing. After these years it still is the best sounding record I have in my collection.

I don't know about the reissues but the compilation they did is absolutely amazing. After these years it still is the best sounding record I have in my collection.
apparently there is some drama about the box they did, whether its not true AAA...ive never heard it but considering those three albums are some of the best recorded and sounding records around...who knows, maybe they should just enjoy the music...

that being said, I have originals, so I win... just kidding ;-)

Back