J-Jazz (Japanese Jazz)

excellent list of albums. I have all of these and recommend most all of them as well. thanks for sharing! I hope to meet others on this forum to trade albums. I have a few albums I am looking for and would trade or pay a very generous amount if I can find the album I want. Who here might have the most complete Japanese jazz collection?

I've got around 2000albums, mostly rare japanese albums. from 50-80's but primarily 60-70's
most jazzfunk, jazzrock, jazzpsych, jazz contemporary, minyo funk, world traditional minyo, jazz and much more. I have instagram account which I post a lot of my stuff.

anyhow, would love to meet others who are passionate about Jjazz. I think I have enough interesting albums to trade for those who are looking for hard to find albums.

-Tim

Welcome Tim! Not sure anyone on this forum have as many J-Jazz records as you have. Fantastic collection! I may have a couple hundred records and the same number of CD but most are reissues. OG are either hard to find or too expensive for me so I stick to reissues (which are not cheap anyway).

do you have link where I can find a copy???

fwiw..if you like takayanagi.... any interest in an original pressing of Flowergirl? with the blue cover? I purchased a copy a while back but considering to sell. it's a dubplate as you know, so metal disc with lacquer over it. uber uber rare. but none of them were "pretty" so they have flaws in the surface. mine plays back just fine, but has the pops where lacquer isn't perfect. but the condition is superb!!! but the dubplates never sound as good as real vinyl obviously. but this is an album that any takayanagi lover MUST have.

How much are you looking for re flowergirl

How much are you looking for re flowergirl

I strongly recommend Corridor of Daylights from this label. Not jazz though.

I strongly recommend Corridor of Daylights from this label. Not jazz though.

Agreed. I have everything this label has released. Anything they do is great. Especially if it’s a PSF reissue

Anyone in CONUS interested in a $5 (to cover my media mail shipping cost) copy of the BBE 2x45rpm reissue of Kohsuke Mine - First? That may sound to good to be true, and it is sort of.

My first copy arrived with a factory issue on the first disc. Side A has a scratch that yields pops on the first 20 or so rotations. It also has scattered dings that pop elsewhere on the side. My sense is that total % of the side affected by the pops is comfortably less than 10%, but I haven’t measured w/ a stopwatch! Side A otherwise sounds great. Side B has some dings (fewer than Side A), and no scratch, so it generally sounds great except for the pops. Side C seems perfect. See below re Side D.

I brought the problem w/ Disc 1 to the attention of my seller, and they sent me a new copy and told me to keep the one I’m offering here.

My new copy is perfect on Sides A-C. Side D of my new plays w/ some surface noise, but the noise definitely decreased on the 2nd spin. In other words, this may be a situation where it needs a few plays to get to where it should be. I mention that bc Side D of the one I’m offering here also has surface noise, but I’ve only spun it once so don’t know if it will decrease.

All discs have been ultrasonically cleaned, so cleaning should not be the issue.

If more than one person is interested, I’ll do a random digital wheel spin. I’d consider PIFFing this, but I don’t think that makes sense given the pressing issues. Pls PM me by Friday morning if you’re interested.

BBE are on fire! Planets by Masaru Imada Trio + 1 will be reissued in October as part of the J Jazz Masterclass Serie.

Made me quest to dig out my copy of the Ichikawa - On the Trade Wind record...not as cool but worth seeking out since still found at reasonable prices...sound quality below TBM level but still well recorded the bass particularly well done

Anyone in CONUS interested in a $5 (to cover my media mail shipping cost) copy of the BBE 2x45rpm reissue of Kohsuke Mine - First? That may sound to good to be true, and it is sort of.

My first copy arrived with a factory issue on the first disc. Side A has a scratch that yields pops on the first 20 or so rotations. It also has scattered dings that pop elsewhere on the side. My sense is that total % of the side affected by the pops is comfortably less than 10%, but I haven’t measured w/ a stopwatch! Side A otherwise sounds great. Side B has some dings (fewer than Side A), and no scratch, so it generally sounds great except for the pops. Side C seems perfect. See below re Side D.

I brought the problem w/ Disc 1 to the attention of my seller, and they sent me a new copy and told me to keep the one I’m offering here.

My new copy is perfect on Sides A-C. Side D of my new plays w/ some surface noise, but the noise definitely decreased on the 2nd spin. In other words, this may be a situation where it needs a few plays to get to where it should be. I mention that bc Side D of the one I’m offering here also has surface noise, but I’ve only spun it once so don’t know if it will decrease.

All discs have been ultrasonically cleaned, so cleaning should not be the issue.

If more than one person is interested, I’ll do a random digital wheel spin. I’d consider PIFFing this, but I don’t think that makes sense given the pressing issues. Pls PM me by Friday morning if you’re interested.
I wanted to thank @Portland Sheriff for sharing this Lp. Really exceptional recording (BBE is on my radar for sure now!) and I can live with the few defects.

Back