J-Jazz (Japanese Jazz)

The Fumio Itabashi Trio 'Rise And Shine' is one of my favourites. I still cant believe its available and at the 17.50Euro sale price its well worth it.

Yeah I would have loved to see more J-Jazz classics reissued instead of electronic records. Fumio Itabashi's releases are amazing. I ended purchasing Midnight in Tokyo Vol 1 to 3, last two releases I mentionned earlier and Little Tree. All this for 110€ shipped sounds like a great deal :)

Finally received my copy of Masaru Imada Trio +2* - Green Caterpillar

Grab that shit before it goes out of stock again. Sound quality is really good and the music is incredible, especially the first track is crazy.

Only thing I did notice is that I need to turn up the volume compared to most of my other records. Anyone else notice this.
Where did you buy this? Just through Discogs? It’s been on my want list for a while.

Where did you buy this? Just through Discogs? It’s been on my want list for a while.
I bought it through my local store. There was a repress a couple of months ago. It's still in stock at a ton of places, so you should be able to track it down.

Wow! Amazing news from Disk Union. There is a "new" Ryo Fukui album released in March, part of the Project Re:Vinyl serie :love: It's a never released before live album recorded in 1977 in Sapporo. I can't wait to have this in hands!

1611779014391.png

More details on J Jazz: Deep Modern Jazz From Japan Vol. 3

If you look closely at the third pic, you can see that there are 99% chance we'll have Kohsuke Mine ‎– First as part of the J Jazz Masterclass Series

If you look closely at the third pic, you can see that there are 99% chance we'll have Kohsuke Mine ‎– First as part of the J Jazz Masterclass Serie.

Excited to see Kohsuke Mine First on deck. A great record ... what else might be forthcoming from the series!?

No idea @indiana45s. I found a few records that you can see on these pictures, some might be part of the serie but who knows? EDIT: I would be suprised to see Racco reissued though as it has been reissued last year by Universounds IIRC.

BBE will release the third volume of their J Jazz: Deep Modern Jazz From Japan serie early 2021 according to The Jazz Dad (aka Tony Higgins) & Bacoso (aka Mike Peden) Instagral accounts. On the few pictures they shared, we can spot a few records. No idea if these will be part of the J Jazz Masterclass Series and will be reissued as full album or if one song only will be used and be part of the compilation. Anyway, here is my detective work.

Yasuhiro Kohno Trio + One ‎– Song Of Island:
View attachment 67305

Itakura Katsuyuki Trio ‎– Honey Sanba :
View attachment 67306

1. Furusawa Ryojiro Quartet ‎– Racco
2. Koichi Matsukaze Trio Featuring Ryojiro Furusawa ‎– At The Room 427
3. Kohsuke Mine ‎– First
View attachment 67309

BTW, I am jealous of this Three Blind Mice t-shirt Tony is wearing.

Wow! Amazing news from Disk Union. There is a "new" Ryo Fukui album released in March, part of the Project Re:Vinyl serie :love: It's a never released before live album recorded in 1977 in Sapporo. I can't wait to have this in hands!

View attachment 85562

In your experience, will this be the only place to purchase this? Or do they usually get released at other retailers?

In your experience, will this be the only place to purchase this? Or do they usually get released at other retailers?

HMV Japan might be the best place to purchase this record but you'll have to add shipping, taxes and custom fees. I'd keep an eye on Dusty Grooves as IIRC they usually have these Project Re-Vinyl records in their store. It's also alreayd available for pre-order on Juno in UK.

If you look closely at the third pic, you can see that there are 99% chance we'll have Kohsuke Mine ‎– First as part of the J Jazz Masterclass Serie.

Anyone know where to get the 3 LP reasonably priced in Europe. Most place I've found are charging 40 or 50 euros. Don't remember the first two volumes being more than 30.

That seems very expensive , prices are getting out of control, I'd wait a bit sure it would be available cheaper after not too long, I've seen it for AU60 down here .I've got a download of it, probably pick up the vinyl down the track, or I might just get the CD which has 3 more tracks.
Anyone know where to get the 3 LP reasonably priced in Europe. Most place I've found are charging 40 or 50 euros. Don't remember the first two volumes being more than 30.

This might of been shared here before but I recently stumbled across a fantastic jazz podcast series that focuses on Japanese Jazz Kissa's. I have been following Tokyo Jazz Joints on instagram for a while now and have explored their website a bit, but for whatever reason, I had yet to listen to the podcast series. I started in yesterday and binged 3-4 episodes. Well worth a listen.

Back