J-Jazz (Japanese Jazz)

It will go out to most of the UK / German mail orders. Just keep an eye out. HHV.de would have it for a sure.
I got mine a few years ago from forced exposure USA

I feel like this comp leans more a bit in the city pop world. That definitely isn’t say it isn’t worth it. But if you’re expecting some pure jazz comp. it may be a bit disappointing

I got mine a few years ago from forced exposure USA

I feel like this comp leans more a bit in the city pop world. That definitely isn’t say it isn’t worth it. But if you’re expecting some pure jazz comp. it may be a bit disappointing

Right it's definitely not jazz, I realize now that this is the j jazz thread but I guess we started chatting about it in here a while back.

Excellent compilation, I like vol 2 a lot but wouldn't buy it without vol 1 being available which it now is.

Vol 3 seems to be OOP now but I found that one weird and couldn't get into it. Has the best cover though in my opinion.

Right it's definitely not jazz, I realize now that this is the j jazz thread but I guess we started chatting about it in here a while back.

Excellent compilation, I like vol 2 a lot but wouldn't buy it without vol 1 being available which it now is.

Vol 3 seems to be OOP now but I found that one weird and couldn't get into it. Has the best cover though in my opinion.
I like volume 3 quite a bit except for the first song which is groovy but super annoying to me. I never picked up volume 2 since it didn’t have the best reception but I may have to check it out. But yeah more funk/city pop/boogie ish type of tracks than jazz on vol 3 at least.

So I made two mixes for Japanese web radio KOL. KOL is for Key of Life, which is also the name of the label owned by Hiroko Otsuka. She is a famous dj and record collector. My mixes are supposed to go online by the end of the month or early September. I'll keep you guys updated.

Last records from the Project Re:Vinyl serie released for RSD in Japan are now available from Gibert.com in France :

1598871864258.png

1598871844668.png

Last records from the Project Re:Vinyl serie released for RSD in Japan are now available from Gibert.com in France :

View attachment 63957

View attachment 63956

Bummer... Got my order canceled. Will have to wait before they restock these records. Oh well, almost 90€ saved this month.

So a guy called Pascal Saraiva, aka Skalap, mixed some of his favourite Japanese Jazz songs for KOL Radio. KOL Radio is a station for music fans of all kinds, with podcasts, DJ mixes, special feature programs and album profiles. There is jazz, rare groove, soul, world music and other genres, with shows presented in both English and Japanese.

I don't know this Skalap but I think you should give it a listen. It's called J-Jazz & Close Friends, Classics Vol.1 and it's on Mixcloud.

He hopes you'll enjoy :p

BBE will release the third volume of their J Jazz: Deep Modern Jazz From Japan serie early 2021 according to The Jazz Dad (aka Tony Higgins) & Bacoso (aka Mike Peden) Instagral accounts. On the few pictures they shared, we can spot a few records. No idea if these will be part of the J Jazz Masterclass Series and will be reissued as full album or if one song only will be used and be part of the compilation. Anyway, here is my detective work.

Yasuhiro Kohno Trio + One ‎– Song Of Island:
1600845780302.png

Itakura Katsuyuki Trio ‎– Honey Sanba :
1600845841003.png

1. Furusawa Ryojiro Quartet ‎– Racco
2. Koichi Matsukaze Trio Featuring Ryojiro Furusawa ‎– At The Room 427
3. Kohsuke Mine ‎– First
1600846183221.png

BTW, I am jealous of this Three Blind Mice t-shirt Tony is wearing.

BBE will release the third volume of their J Jazz: Deep Modern Jazz From Japan serie early 2021 according to The Jazz Dad (aka Tony Higgins) & Bacoso (aka Mike Peden) Instagral accounts. On the few pictures they shared, we can spot a few records. No idea if these will be part of the J Jazz Masterclass Series and will be reissued as full album or if one song only will be used and be part of the compilation. Anyway, here is my detective work.

View attachment 67305

View attachment 67306

3. Kohsuke Mine ‎– First
View attachment 67309

I got that Furusawa Quartet and it's great. The recent reissue sounds great and the packaging is pretty nice too.

I got that Furusawa Quartet and it's great. The recent reissue sounds great and the packaging is pretty nice too.

Me too and yes it's great, as the rest of the serie <3 Did you grabbed the last two Project Re:Vinyl reissues from last RSD drops? There are another two coming in Novembre, both are Zerosen albums.

I am always bummed when I see that the same record is being reissued by two different companies. Can't they see what the others are doing and work on other records? It's not like there weren't hundreds of records to be reissued.

Nice work @Skalap , that Koichi At The Room 427 is great!!

View attachment 67305

View attachment 67306

3. Kohsuke Mine ‎– First
View attachment 67309

View attachment 67305

View attachment 67306

3. Kohsuke Mine ‎– First
View attachment 67309

Detective @Skalap on the case!

Me too and yes it's great, as the rest of the serie <3 Did you grabbed the last two Project Re:Vinyl reissues from last RSD drops? There are another two coming in Novembre, both are Zerosen albums.

I am always bummed when I see that the same record is being reissued by two different companies. Can't they see what the others are doing and work on other records? It's not like there weren't hundreds of records to be reissued.

From that Project RE: Vinyl I only have another title(Takao Uematsu "Straight Ahead"), I got both on my last trip to Japan, but saw almost the whole series and I definitely want some other ones from those.

Back