It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I'm not sure who the alternatives are or were. I don't want Tuchel as that was listed as an option. Then you get into a situation where a bunch of people are passing on the job. Instead, you have a guy who really wants the job. It's going to be a tall task for the next guy. There will be a lot of big changes this summer. Have to restart somewhere.

I really hope Ipswich can get the at least 5 points that they need from their last 3! Be great to see them back up. Hope the woolly backs make it through the play offs, it’s always fun to win against the hate at bellend road.
Yeah I really hope Ipswich make it since everyone else in the promotion places has already been up recently. It’s more fun when someone new like Luton make it up.

IMG_2114.jpeg

I'm not sure who the alternatives are or were. I don't want Tuchel as that was listed as an option. Then you get into a situation where a bunch of people are passing on the job. Instead, you have a guy who really wants the job. It's going to be a tall task for the next guy. There will be a lot of big changes this summer. Have to restart somewhere.

Yeah there’s no big manager out there but I’d be cautious before bigging up anyone from the leagues that are the next level down, it just way too hard to judge them on that success. My attitude as fan would be like when ten Haag joined us, back 100% but reserve judgement.

I was a big fan when Spurs were in for him last spring. Liverpool is a bigger job than Spurs tbf and he plays very similar to Klopp from what I remember people saying. Also I believe he declined Spurs because Feynoord had just won the league and didn’t want to immediately abandon ship + insiders said he was told Kane would most likely be leaving and that he didn’t want to have to deal with that. I don’t think Ange cared and I’m happy to have him after the fact. I think Slot will do well there and is a far better choice than Tuchel.

Yeah I really hope Ipswich make it since everyone else in the promotion places has already been up recently. It’s more fun when someone new like Luton make it up.

View attachment 201258

I also really like Ipswich as a club, they have a really great history, and I fondly remember the last time they came up in the early 00s and immediately finished 5th!

I was a big fan when Spurs were in for him last spring. Liverpool is a bigger job than Spurs tbf and he plays very similar to Klopp from what I remember people saying. Also I believe he declined Spurs because Feynoord had just won the league and didn’t want to immediately abandon ship + insiders said he was told Kane would most likely be leaving and that he didn’t want to have to deal with that. I don’t think Ange cared and I’m happy to have him after the fact. I think Slot will do well there and is a far better choice than Tuchel.

I think the issue will be personality. The have no doubt that the work ten Haag is doing on the training pitch is going to be very good but he just does not have the personality to carry a United manager. Too many excuses and not enough charisma. Liverpool is a similar club and it will be multiplied exponentially following such a huge character. He needs to excite the crowd.

Leicester had to be promoted this year really. It was a crime that they went down with that squad in the first place.
Yea always had them first up. Thought Southampton would finish second but pulling for Ipswich and Southampton in the playoffs

There was a glorious time in the mid 00s where there were 8 clubs from the north west, 4 of which were in greater Manchester, in the premier league.

Back