It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I think we beat Arsenal at home, lose to Liverpool away, and probably draw against City. And then undo the hard work there by losing back to back go Sheffield and Burnley

Funny Arsenal is the one I see you as least likely to win. They are just so impressive right now. The rivalry will have you flying out of the traps but I can see them outplaying you but also if they don’t weathering the storms and overpowering you. Rice is absolutely my player of the year by a long way, he’s made such a difference to them going to both directions. Arsenal bringing him and Raya in feels very like when Liverpool brought in both Van Dijk and Allison in a six month period.

You have a bit of an Indian sign over city recently so I could see a point there but they don’t tend to slip up during run ins. Anfield is very difficult but Liverpool’s absences give opportunities.

Funny Arsenal is the one I see you as least likely to win. They are just so impressive right now. The rivalry will have you flying out of the traps but I can see them outplaying you but also if they don’t weathering the storms and overpowering you. Rice is absolutely my player of the year by a long way, he’s made such a difference to them going to both directions. Arsenal bringing him and Raya in feels very like when Liverpool brought in both Van Dijk and Allison in a six month period.

You have a bit of an Indian sign over city recently so I could see a point there but they don’t tend to slip up during run ins. Anfield is very difficult but Liverpool’s absences give opportunities.
They beat us at their place and we beat them at our place and it's pretty much always how these games go.

They beat us at their place and we beat them at our place and it's pretty much always how these games go.

I don’t see it this year. Of course it’s possible you are a good side going forward and create a lot of chances in most games but Arsenal feel a bit ominous right now. If they keep a clean sheet they’ll win, you have to score is how I see it.

I don’t see it this year. Of course it’s possible you are a good side going forward and create a lot of chances in most games but Arsenal feel a bit ominous right now. If they keep a clean sheet they’ll win, you have to score is how I see it.
We drew them at their place when they scored an OG and a penalty. It's not entirely out of line to think we can at least draw again. Especially when you consider they play five games leading up to the NLD and we play one.

We drew them at their place when they scored an OG and a penalty. It's not entirely out of line to think we can at least draw again. Especially when you consider they play five games leading up to the NLD and we play one.

I’m not saying you can’t. I’m saying they look like an absolute machine right now who can win pretty and ugly. You have a chance for sure, it’s a derby and you’re a good team going forward, I just know exactly where my money would be going into it.

I’m not saying you can’t. I’m saying they look like an absolute machine right now who can win pretty and ugly. You have a chance for sure, it’s a derby and you’re a good team going forward, I just know exactly where my money would be going into it.

I think the games against the relegation fodder really over-sold them right now. I'm not suggesting they aren't a good team, but if you take away that four game stretch where they scored like 20 goals, results have been fairly normal.

Either way, games aren't played on paper and this kind of fantasy booking is a fool's errand. We'll see how it plays out in a few weeks, but with the amount of time Spurs will have to prepare for this game, I'd be shocked with anything but a win, to be honest.

I think the games against the relegation fodder really over-sold them right now. I'm not suggesting they aren't a good team, but if you take away that four game stretch where they scored like 20 goals, results have been fairly normal.

Either way, games aren't played on paper and this kind of fantasy booking is a fool's errand. We'll see how it plays out in a few weeks, but with the amount of time Spurs will have to prepare for this game, I'd be shocked with anything but a win, to be honest.
I’m less confident in Spurs winning. However, like you said, the home team almost always wins. Arsenal are different this season and their form is better now than it was earlier in the season when both teams drew. I also think Spurs were in better form earlier in the season than they are now. So Arsenal can absolutely take all 3 points. It may not happen but it definitely could. Draw would be a good result IMO.

I read more into the 0-0 against city away than any of the others. They went away to the proven force and kept them out and outfought them physically.

Back