It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Thanks @Joe Mac & @wokeupnew for the info!

Interesting that the replicas use embroidery and the Elites are heat pressed. When Adidas took over jerseys for the NHL, they stopped making the on ice available for retail which made the dedicated collectors unhappy. There are basically 3 tiers for the hockey jerseys and the materials used are noticeably different.

Only had time to watch one match today. That Ronaldo guy seems like he’s pretty good. 😁

Thanks @Joe Mac & @wokeupnew for the info!

Interesting that the replicas use embroidery and the Elites are heat pressed. When Adidas took over jerseys for the NHL, they stopped making the on ice available for retail which made the dedicated collectors unhappy. There are basically 3 tiers for the hockey jerseys and the materials used are noticeably different.

Only had time to watch one match today. That Ronaldo guy seems like he’s pretty good. 😁

Vive Ronaldo!

I was lucky enough to be living in Manchester first time around and saw him live quite a few times. Different animal now, he was a flying winger then, but he’s always been a shark!

@Joe Mac can attest to it more than I can. But it used to be way way worse and people died

Yeah there was rampant hooliganism from the early 70s to the late 80s. Things began to change from the 90s with better stadium infrastructure and football banning orders. Fans have pretty much always been segregated in the U.K. as far as I know, even going back before that.

One thing that needs to be said is that the largest losses of life in U.K. stadiums were not anything to do with hooliganism. They were caused by crumbling stadiums, antiquated establishment attitudes and criminally negligent policing.

Last edited:
Vive Ronaldo!!!!

Also have a look at the assist from Bruno, delicious pass with the outside of his boot!

Yeah that’s probably a red. Gunna make what seemed a straightforward game up until then a lot more tricky.

Yeah that’s probably a red. Gunna make what seemed a straightforward game up until then a lot more tricky.
I don't know which game to watch! I thought United would cruise past YB after the goal but now!? Also 4 pens in the Sevilla game, 3 by Salzburg and they only converted 1 out of the 3 :eek:

I don't know which game to watch! I thought United would cruise past YB after the goal but now!? Also 4 pens in the Sevilla game, 3 by Salzburg and they only converted 1 out of the 3 :eek:

Sounds exciting! I gotta watch this one regardless 😂

We’ve looked all over the place since the red, Pogba is incapable of playing narrow and sitting on his full backs feet and VdB isn't a ball winner so we’re a little bit open for down to 10…

Sounds exciting! I gotta watch this one regardless 😂

We’ve looked all over the place since the red, Pogba is incapable of playing narrow and sitting on his full backs feet and VdB isn't a ball winner so we’re a little bit open for down to 10…

Ole obviously thought the same. Varane on for VdB at half time and 5-3-1. Much better defensively and seem more composed on the ball too.

Back