It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Here’s a whole thread that mostly explains it. Probably one sided, maybe? It’s a shitshow either way.

It’s weird that this wasn’t an issue at an open training session at the stadium last night and suddenly it became imperative to arrest them for deportation 4 minutes into a televised football match against their biggest rivals. It think this one is going to have a few more miles to run than that.

I wonder if they’re going to be as on the ball next time their President and his supporters break covid protocols again.

Last edited:
At first glance it looks like both sides were in the wrong. Argentina knew it had 4 players in violation of the applicable quarantine rules, and Brazil also knew that well in advance of the game but waited until the ball was rolling to enforce the law. Proper South American football, that’s all.

Well that’s the nonsense of the international break done and dusted! Really looking forward to the proper footy being back at the weekend!

U.S. in a tough corner tonight, down 3 key players, and away in Honduras, if they don't come out with a point they will be up against it early.
What a great first national team cap from Ricardo Pepi from Dallas TX last night. Pepi just choose to declare to play for the U.S over Mexico 2 weeks ago. 1G 2A stat line after one if the ugliest, dis-jointed team first half's ever.

What a great first national team cap from Ricardo Pepi from Dallas TX last night. Pepi just choose to declare to play for the U.S over Mexico 2 weeks ago. 1G 2A stat line after one if the ugliest, dis-jointed team first half's ever.
I stayed up to watch this one and I’m glad I did. Night and day difference between the first and second halves. Now there’s hope that they can’t get some results next break. I have to hand it to Berhalter, his substitutions made the difference.

I stayed up to watch this one and I’m glad I did. Night and day difference between the first and second halves. Now there’s hope that they can’t get some results next break. I have to hand it to Berhalter, his substitutions made the difference.
at least he did not wait untilm the 83rd minute this time to make subs. Tale of two halves, first half fireable offense. Fitness, depth, Subs, Pepi made the difference. Still meh on Berhalter, the espn first paragraph hit the nail.

As far as I'm concerned, the kids saved Berhalter's job. I was calling for Bob Bradley at half time.

I think it's funny to give Berhalter credit for the subs, when it's his horrific game plan that put them in that position to begin with. Hopefully he actually learns from this.

And please don't play Adams at RB any more.

Edit: Berhalter addresses Adams at RB in his postgame. He didn't think Yedlin could go 90, so he shoehorned Adams in rather than having a planned sub. I still think the dropoff from Adams to Sands is too great for that move.

BUUUUT, I will stop being negative. Prior to last night, the US was 1-33-6 in road qualifiers when down at half. Huge win regardless of the first 45.

Next window is 10/7 (v. Jamaica), 10/10 (@ Panama), 10/13 (v. Costa Rica). Need to get healthy and get some points.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, the kids saved Berhalter's job. I was calling for Bob Bradley at half time.

I think it's funny to give Berhalter credit for the subs, when it's his horrific game plan that put them in that position to begin with. Hopefully he actually learns from this.

And please don't play Adams at RB any more.

Edit: Berhalter addresses Adams at RB in his postgame. He didn't think Yedlin could go 90, so he shoehorned Adams in rather than having a planned sub. I still think the dropoff from Adams to Sands is too great for that move.

BUUUUT, I will stop being negative. Prior to last night, the US was 1-33-6 in road qualifiers when down at half. Huge win regardless of the first 45.

Next window is 10/7 (v. Jamaica), 10/10 (@ Panama), 10/13 (v. Costa Rica). Need to get healthy and get some points.
Jamaica have been tragic, Panama will be tough on the road but Costa Rica at home should be 3 points. 5 or 6 points from those games should be enough.

Reactions: mgp
As a fan of AC Milan, and Italian football in general, it sucks to see what is going on in world football. Once a powerhouse, Serie A now feels like a stepping stone to the Prem and PSG. Milan keeps losing players on Bosman's/frees at the end of contracts, and I am not sure if it will end anytime soon. Losing Donnarumma to PSG on a free was an absolute gut punch seeing as he has been the ACM starter since he was 16. Now there are rumors of our best mid, Franck Kessie, moving to the Spurs or PSG. I just don't see how Serie A can get back on equal footing with the bigger leagues.
Sorry for the rant, I have just been down on the future of Serie A for some time now, and just wanted to vent my frustrations with some fellow footy fans.

As a fan of AC Milan, and Italian football in general, it sucks to see what is going on in world football. Once a powerhouse, Serie A now feels like a stepping stone to the Prem and PSG. Milan keeps losing players on Bosman's/frees at the end of contracts, and I am not sure if it will end anytime soon. Losing Donnarumma to PSG on a free was an absolute gut punch seeing as he has been the ACM starter since he was 16. Now there are rumors of our best mid, Franck Kessie, moving to the Spurs or PSG. I just don't see how Serie A can get back on equal footing with the bigger leagues.
Sorry for the rant, I have just been down on the future of Serie A for some time now, and just wanted to vent my frustrations with some fellow footy fans.
Yeah this season/summer has been the pits for any league not the Premier League. Serie A was on fire as far as competitiveness goes. Ronaldo at Juve, Lukaku at Inter and now they’re both gone to the PL. I thought Inter were going to be culled clean but they still look competitive. José at Roma and Sarri at Lazio will be fun but it’s not the same. Once someone gets good they know they can get a huge signing on fee on a free and get scooped up by PSG or a PL team. I think that’s just the way the industry is going to go. More players will sign shorter contracts so they’re not locked in as much with longer deals.

FIFA has lifted the EPL Brazilian player ban btw, interesting that it was being reported that EPL clubs would of defied the ban anyways.

@HAIMtime I still find it mind boggling that Donarumma left on a free!

Yeah this season/summer has been the pits for any league not the Premier League. Serie A was on fire as far as competitiveness goes. Ronaldo at Juve, Lukaku at Inter and now they’re both gone to the PL. I thought Inter were going to be culled clean but they still look competitive. José at Roma and Sarri at Lazio will be fun but it’s not the same. Once someone gets good they know they can get a huge signing on fee on a free and get scooped up by PSG or a PL team. I think that’s just the way the industry is going to go. More players will sign shorter contracts so they’re not locked in as much with longer deals.

Leagues have their time. Serie A financially bullied the rest of the world in the 90s with billionaire owners. Real Madrid and Barcelona have done it the last 20 years. The English league is there now because it’s been better managed the last 20 years.

I have a question about club shirts/jerseys. Are the ones sold through the club shops the same as the players wear on the pitch or are they replicas? I was bumping around on Leicester’s website last night and it looks like a jersey would run me around $110. Out of curiosity, I went to Fanatics’ website to see if they even carried football merch and they do. I didn’t see anything from Leicester but of course they had Man U. Clicked on the jerseys and they had both authentic and replica styles.
As a long time hockey jersey collector, I’d much prefer to own the real thing rather than a replica.

I have a question about club shirts/jerseys. Are the ones sold through the club shops the same as the players wear on the pitch or are they replicas? I was bumping around on Leicester’s website last night and it looks like a jersey would run me around $110. Out of curiosity, I went to Fanatics’ website to see if they even carried football merch and they do. I didn’t see anything from Leicester but of course they had Man U. Clicked on the jerseys and they had both authentic and replica styles.
As a long time hockey jersey collector, I’d much prefer to own the real thing rather than a replica.

They’re both the official kit with the same designs I think. Most clubs have started selling two, the more expensive is with all the mad performance material snake oil that the players actually wear. The cheaper one is with normal materials. Historically they only ever sold the cheaper version and not the players kit but I’m guessing they saw an opportunity to part fools with their money…

That said some of those sites can sell retro style kits and the like so just be sure that it’s a proper Adidas one with the same design and the like.

Last edited:
So the replicas are cheaper, usually stitched on badges and numbers, etc. Elite kits are heat pressed, almost see through fabric and much tighter fitting. If you want the same thing that the players wear, you’ll want the elite, but I’ve never had a problem with the replicas. They’re more than fine, more comfortable and wash better IMO. I know with hockey jerseys there could be a fight strap thing in the back, extra elbow or shoulder fabric to reinforce those areas from ripping. I’d recommend the replicas because they’re cheaper and a little more durable.

you could also wait until the spring and clubs will discount their kits by some margin looking to offload stock. I’ve never bought a club kit for full price, but I’m also okay with waiting.

you may also want to bookmark this site, they have some stock of older season kits and vintage kits. I’ve bought from them 5 times in the past. Ships fast. Prices in £ but still usually far cheaper than club shops and always real kits never fake

Back