It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

A bit pathetic but in some ways that’s par for course, you hear about that kinda shit all over Europe on away days, particularly at club level.

It’s more the assaults and verbal attacks on opposition fans, particularly kiddies, that disgusts me.

To compare assault to fireworks is ludicrous, however it is yet another example of poor sportsmanship and a lack of class. This pattern of behaviour by certain supporters has plagued the England squad at every major tournament for decades, no matter where they travel. Which, as you point out, stands in stark contrast to how Southgate has conducted himself as manager. Win or lose, London will be an absolute shitshow tonight.

Impressive start by england

Yeah they are pressing really well and seem to have learned from Spain that as good as Italy are the two centre halves like to defend touch tight and don’t like it when the forward drops deep and there are runners behind.

Reactions: Jan
Especially the first 30 minutes were the best I've seen England this tournament. They had Italy totally under control. They naturally couldn't keep that up the whole time but Italy seems to kiss an idea how to play England

Yeah, they’ve been by far the better team in the first half. They look right up for it.

Yeah they have been. They’re riding the wave rather than feeling the pressure.

Also delighted for Luke Shaw and his continued renaissance, up yours Jose!

After the semis Sterling will have a hard time getting a penalty that is not crystal clear

The Italians are getting on top now, the subs have made a huge difference. The last half hour will be really interesting!

Called it

The subs swung the momentum. I’d be looking to put on another pacy forward if I was England, one of Rashford/Sancho/Grealish and take off either Mount, who has been anonymous, or one of the right backs.

Back