It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I think it's interesting that all this is happening and today is this man's bday:

Jose_Mourinho_Roma_Serie_A_2021-22.jpg

COINCIDENCE!??!?

I think it's interesting that all this is happening and today is this man's bday:

COINCIDENCE!??!?

Man if this was even remotely in the offing I’d fly out to Rome, pack his bags and bring him to Liverpool all on my own money to make this happen and watch him slowly suck the joy and will to live out of them!

Man if this was even remotely in the offing I’d fly out to Rome, pack his bags and bring him to Liverpool all on my own money to make this happen and watch him slowly suck the joy and will to live out of them!
I mean Napoli shot down the rumors of him coming there, he's looking for a job....u never know

COINCIDENCE!??!?
plague.png

I think of that list, Xabi would be my top choice given what he's done at Bayer, was a former player, and he gets Liverpool. He knows his resources are limited and that Liverpool isn't as sexy a destination as London or Manchester. It's a job that takes a special type of manager to be successful and Xabi might be that. It speaks volumes to possibly win the Bundesliga in the era of Bayern Munich domination. Parallels to Klopp and Dortmund. I don't want Gerrard. That's Lampard at Chelsea all over again.

I think of that list, Xabi would be my top choice given what he's done at Bayer, was a former player, and he gets Liverpool. He knows his resources are limited and that Liverpool isn't as sexy a destination as London or Manchester. It's a job that takes a special type of manager to be successful and Xabi might be that. It speaks volumes to possibly win the Bundesliga in the era of Bayern Munich domination. Parallels to Klopp and Dortmund. I don't want Gerrard. That's Lampard at Chelsea all over again.
I would be extremely, extremely shocked if Liverpool appoint Gerrard. I just can't see it happening. If he was still at Rangers doing well then I could maybe see it, but Villa and Saudi Arabia have made his stock plummet.

Honestly in terms of “sexiness” Liverpool and Manchester are largely the same destination. Given their proximity as someone rich and high profile in either you’re likely to be living in a gated mansion in a Cheshire village. There is probably more going on in Manchester but both are big enough to have things going on but small enough that you aren’t getting too much privacy so you won’t be living in them.

It’s the lure of the two big clubs or the money of city that bring non brits and Irish up that way.

Alonso is a risk just because you’re appointing someone to a monster club after 18 months of experience, it can swallow people. But no one on the market doesn’t have question marks. Gerard was a joke, he’s a shocking manager.

I would be extremely, extremely shocked if Liverpool appoint Gerrard. I just can't see it happening. If he was still at Rangers doing well then I could maybe see it, but Villa and Saudi Arabia have made his stock plummet.

To put doing well at the huns into context he won one league title against the fucking idiot that is Neil Lennon and was comprehensively in second the other years.

To put doing well at the huns into context he won one league title against the fucking idiot that is Neil Lennon and was comprehensively in second the other years.
I know it was smoke and mirrors, but there was a lot of links about him being Klopp's successor at the time. Lots of people saying his assistant was doing all the work and he was just the vibes guy

I know it was smoke and mirrors, but there was a lot of links about him being Klopp's successor at the time. Lots of people saying his assistant was doing all the work and he was just the vibes guy

Yeah Rogers had them both in his pocket. It took him leaving for Leicester and Lennon coming in to make him win the league and Lennon is a cretin.

Looking forward to tonight’s game. It will say a lot about this spurs team. The FA Cup has to be a big aim for them this year with no Europe and such a long trophy drought.
Today I am a Spurs fan

There is only one thing Pep could do with this team to make them even more hateable...That is winning b2b Trebles. They must be stopped today.

Back