It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Mark McKenzie from USMNT just tied it up for KRC Genk at the death against Fiorentina!! US players coming alive in Europa (conference league)!

It seems Messi is at it again.

Woe is him. The French didn’t fete him and throw a parade to celebrate him beating the French in the World Cup final.

Oh the inhumanity. How did he survive.

One can only conclude that being feted and put on a global pedestal from the age of 16 for having incredibly well coordinated feet may distort a fellas sense of perspective.

Things like that make me miss the Keane and Viera days. Could you imagine either of those going to ground there? They wouldn’t want to lost the edge of standing their ground. And they weren’t hackers, they could play every bit as well as anyone around now too.

It’s the softest red possible and Gibbs White acted like Tyson Fury had right hooked him. It’s a red for being an idiot as much as anything but man do I sometimes hate the modern game sometimes.

Things like that make me miss the Keane and Viera days. Could you imagine either of those going to ground there? They wouldn’t want to lost the edge of standing their ground. And they weren’t hackers, they could play every bit as well as anyone around now too.
I just assumed there was a rule that says if you put your hands around the neck of your opponent it's a red lol

It seems Messi is at it again.

Woe is him. The French didn’t fete him and throw a parade to celebrate him beating the French in the World Cup final.

Oh the inhumanity. How did he survive.

One can only conclude that being feted and put on a global pedestal from the age of 16 for having incredibly well coordinated feet may distort a fellas sense of perspective.

IMG_0533.jpeg

I just assumed there was a rule that says if you put your hands around the neck of your opponent it's a red lol

I mean rules aren’t that prescriptive. It’s violent conduct and the refs will have had training and directives about how to interpret that. But in reality the consistency is all over the shop. Like Casemiro last year and similar and worse examples being let go.

Also he hardly throttled him.

Back