Irish Members

Would have picked up the scream blood gore in a heartbeat but didn’t see it in the wild. Just picked up the Black Pumas as a replacement for my plain black copy (the tri-colour is nice). Spotted the Amy Winehouse abbey road remaster so picked that up as well

@DMacanT and @panino

The Kendra records landed this afternoon so I have both of yours now.

Let me know what suits you best but I can conceivably drop them somewhere on the south side on Thursday evening or most of Saturday. I am in the office in the Four Courts every Friday now too so can drop them pretty much anywhere within a 20 minute walk of there on my lunch too.

@DMacanT and @panino

Let me know what suits you best but I can conceivably drop them somewhere on the south side on Thursday evening or most of Saturday. I am in the office in the Four Courts every Friday now too so can drop them pretty much anywhere within a 20 minute walk of there on my lunch too.
that's great Joe! Thanks (and yes, that was fast!)
Let me think a minute before agreeing on a date and place...
I'll message you in private.

@DMacanT and @panino

Thanks again @Joe Mac If you want you can drop it in the post (yes I know this sorta defeats the purpose of saving shipping) and I’ll transfer you cost via P/Pal. I’m probably going to be a way on and off for a bit, and can’t guarantee being around the next few Fridays/weekends. If agreeable I’ll pm you my deets

Last edited:
Thanks again @Joe Mac If you want you can drop it in the post (yes I know this sorta defeats the purpose of saving shipping) and I’ll transfer you cost via P/Pal. I’m probably going to be a way on and off for a bit, and can’t guarantee being around the next few Fridays/weekends. If agreeable I’ll pm you my deets

No worries, DM me the address and I’ll post it on Friday when I’m in the office on my lunch break. I think it was about €8 last time I sent a double record but I’ll let you know anyway.

Hi! Just checking if we have anyone left who is still a VMP member for September?

Asking for a favour if anyone is willing! I’d really like the spiritualized record but don’t want to sign up and pay $52 for it!

I was wondering if any member who doesn’t want it, or has a free swap, would be willing to pick it up for me? I’d happily pay the old sub cost, or the new swap cost of $33, to get my hands on a decent pressing of this album! Also of course I’d pay for the shipping or come and meet you to collect it!

Thanks in advance and me a shout anyway if you are able and willing!

Hi Joe

Whether I stay on as a member or not really depends on what R&HH Wu album is announced next month. I really don't want to stay on for 52 quid unless its something really essential for my collection. I will be more than likely be quitting as its going against every moral fibre in my body to pay these fools this kind of cash...

However if I do stay on i can help you out for sure

Is this record a ROTM you are after?

I wont know until announce day 27th if I am staying on or not

Did you see the Al Green vinyl they dropped yesterday too?

@Joe Mac

Hi Joe

Whether I stay on as a member or not really depends on what R&HH Wu album is announced next month. I really don't want to stay on for 52 quid unless its something really essential for my collection. I will be more than likely be quitting as its going against every moral fibre in my body to pay these fools this kind of cash...

However if I do stay on i can help you out for sure

Is this record a ROTM you are after?

I wont know until announce day 27th if I am staying on or not

Did you see the Al Green vinyl they dropped yesterday too?

@Joe Mac

Cheers! Yeah it’s next months essentials! I think I have a UK member who is willing to sort me out who is still on the old pricing structure so don’t worry about it! Plus I totally get where you’re coming from, I don’t think anything VMP does is worth the $52 which was my big dilemma, I’ve gone that high, and higher, for really nice MoFi and AP pressing but for a nice standard pressing but in colour I just can’t justify it!

I did see the Al Green one they put up! It’s my favourite of his albums, thankfully I already have a really nice pressing of it that I got last year!

Cheers! Yeah it’s next months essentials! I think I have a UK member who is willing to sort me out who is still on the old pricing structure so don’t worry about it! Plus I totally get where you’re coming from, I don’t think anything VMP does is worth the $52 which was my big dilemma, I’ve gone that high, and higher, for really nice MoFi and AP pressing but for a nice standard pressing but in colour I just can’t justify it!

I did see the Al Green one they put up! It’s my favourite of his albums, thankfully I already have a really nice pressing of it that I got last year!
Well i'll let you know what I end up doing either way. If you still need help and I'm still a suckered idiot in vmps twisted game then I will have no problem helping you out

Hmm, also very interested in getting this. I’ve held of on earlier stuff on vinyl due to artist /label issues and also moved to CD‘S by that stage. What is the current pricing, has it gone up. do you still have to sign up for 3 months?

Hmm, also very interested in getting this. I’ve held of on earlier stuff on vinyl due to artist /label issues and also moved to CD‘S by that stage. What is the current pricing, has it gone up. do you still have to sign up for 3 months?

$52 for one month or $149 for 3 (so $49.66 a month). BIG price jump!

Wow! Is the one month available? I think my old account was cancelled and all I see is the 3 month option.

Oh, I see they have a smiley face and quality gauarantee label on the site.... Sign me up for a year what could go wrong, again.

edit: See it now, $52 roughly €44. Maybe if there is something else of interest to bundle with it but still, oofff. To be fair I’d have no problems if it was anyone else.. I’ve tried reaching out to see if it will get a general release later but no luck so far. Might have to bite the bullet.

Any of ye RSD-ing this year? Looks like all the usual suspects are open and operating as normal (limiting numbers in the shop obviously). Curious to see if it'll be as busy as other years

Any of ye RSD-ing this year? Looks like all the usual suspects are open and operating as normal (limiting numbers in the shop obviously). Curious to see if it'll be as busy as other years
Planning on going Spindizzy for the 8am opening. I want Tyler Cherry Bomb and couple more. How about yourself? I think it will be as busy as usual, do you?

Planning on going Spindizzy for the 8am opening. I want Tyler Cherry Bomb and couple more. How about yourself? I think it will be as busy as usual, do you?
I reckon it’ll be busy enough alright, the releases I’d really be going for are Charli XCX, Denzel, and The Weeknd cause I reckon everything else I might want (Gorillaz, Tyler) will be easy enough to get, on the fence about whether to head out to shops or not though to be honest...

I reckon it’ll be busy enough alright, the releases I’d really be going for are Charli XCX, Denzel, and The Weeknd cause I reckon everything else I might want (Gorillaz, Tyler) will be easy enough to get, on the fence about whether to head out to shops or not though to be honest...
Whats The Weeknd release? I'd like that Denzel too. Tower posted a shot of it and it said 7.99 I was pleasantly surprised 😮. I like rsd morning, getting up early, getting in, grabbing a coffee queuing up, getting what I need hopefully and back home to spin them. Thats why I'm going in. If the weather is terrible I might be put off and granted this year is going to be way different anyway i might not enjoy the experience as much sadly 😔

Whats The Weeknd release? I'd like that Denzel too. Tower posted a shot of it and it said 7.99 I was pleasantly surprised 😮. I like rsd morning, getting up early, getting in, grabbing a coffee queuing up, getting what I need hopefully and back home to spin them. Thats why I'm going in. If the weather is terrible I might be put off and granted this year is going to be way different anyway i might not enjoy the experience as much sadly 😔
The Weekend release is My Dear, Melancholy, not sure if you've hear it but I really rate it tbh, has some great production from electronic producers like Nicholas Jaar, Gessafelstein, Guy-Manuel from Daft Punk, some of his more usual collaborators like Frank Dukes, Mike Will and DaHeala, Skrillex even has a production credit on it haha. Most well known for being the EP that has Call Out My Name on it though. I'd be the same about my RSD approach too normally I quite enjoy it. This year I reckon keeping a close eye on discogs will be fruitful, I've had good luck with it in the past on RSD and this year in particular I'd bet a lot of shops will sell their stock through that, would be good for the Bone Thugs which I'd imagine you'd be looking for?

The Weekend release is My Dear, Melancholy, not sure if you've hear it but I really rate it tbh, has some great production from electronic producers like Nicholas Jaar, Gessafelstein, Guy-Manuel from Daft Punk, some of his more usual collaborators like Frank Dukes, Mike Will and DaHeala, Skrillex even has a production credit on it haha. Most well known for being the EP that has Call Out My Name on it though. I'd be the same about my RSD approach too normally I quite enjoy it. This year I reckon keeping a close eye on discogs will be fruitful, I've had good luck with it in the past on RSD and this year in particular I'd bet a lot of shops will sell their stock through that, would be good for the Bone Thugs which I'd imagine you'd be looking for?
Oh ok sounds cool actually. I am a fan of the weeknd but not hardcore enough clearly lol. I would like BTNH but I missed the last RSD release and it goes for silly money now so I was expecting the same or something similar with this. I mainly want Tyler & Gorillaz. This list except for Odd Future (Cancelled) & BTNH should be pretty achievable
20200828_154948.jpg

Oh ok sounds cool actually. I am a fan of the weeknd but not hardcore enough clearly lol. I would like BTNH but I missed the last RSD release and it goes for silly money now so I was expecting the same or something similar with this. I mainly want Tyler & Gorillaz. This list except for Odd Future (Cancelled) & BTNH should be pretty achievable
View attachment 63394
My number 1 this year is between Pilot Talk and Back From The Dead 2 by Chief Keef, love that tape so much, it's crazy, from when he first started producing and all the beats are messy as hell, it's like an experimental hip hop release almost. I'll restate discogs is the way to go for these US only releases in my experience, have gotten every Lil Uzi RSD release on there for retail or damn close to retail the last few years

My number 1 this year is between Pilot Talk and Back From The Dead 2 by Chief Keef, love that tape so much, it's crazy, from when he first started producing and all the beats are messy as hell, it's like an experimental hip hop release almost. I'll restate discogs is the way to go for these US only releases in my experience, have gotten every Lil Uzi RSD release on there for retail or damn close to retail the last few years
You recommend keef then? I must check him out. Seems like he has been around for a long time and he is only 25 ot something its crazy. Read Gucci Manes book, Keefs mother sounds hardcore lol

What about postage though from US or customs? Thats what usually stops me buying from there

Back