Irish Members

You recommend keef then? I must check him out. Seems like he has been around for a long time and he is only 25 ot something its crazy. Read Gucci Manes book, Keefs mother sounds hardcore lol

What about postage though from US or customs? Thats what usually stops me buying from there
Been meaning to read that actually, only heard good things! Definitely recommend him, I'm a big fan. My top 3 projects for him would be the Back From The Dead series in the order 2,3, then 1, probably followed by Almightly So, Finally Rich, & GloToven. I think Back From The Dead 1, GloToven or Finally Rich are probably the best places to start as they're the most accessible imo. When it comes to postage and customs I usually pick a price and if i can get it for that shipped then great, if not I'll take the L. For this my limit would probably be 45 euro shipped, maybe 40. I get hit with customs so rarely ordering from the US I kinda just consider it cost of doing business at this point, it happens so infrequently (1/15 orders at most) if you spread it across all my purchasing it's really miniscule

Been meaning to read that actually, only heard good things! Definitely recommend him, I'm a big fan. My top 3 projects for him would be the Back From The Dead series in the order 2,3, then 1, probably followed by Almightly So, Finally Rich, & GloToven. I think Back From The Dead 1, GloToven or Finally Rich are probably the best places to start as they're the most accessible imo. When it comes to postage and customs I usually pick a price and if i can get it for that shipped then great, if not I'll take the L. For this my limit would probably be 45 euro shipped, maybe 40. I get hit with customs so rarely ordering from the US I kinda just consider it cost of doing business at this point, it happens so infrequently (1/15 orders at most) if you spread it across all my purchasing it's really miniscule
Might try give some of these a listen today. Thanks for the info. Yeah maybe I should start buying more from the US they are very valid points. I've been buying from the UK a lot, I find it cheaper to buy in UK get it posted to Parcel Motel in NI for UK postage and pay Parcel Motel to put it in my local collection point. I find it works out way cheaper than buying in Europe or elsewhere usually. The Gucci book is so enjoyable, very easy to read you would get through it in no time. Rick Ross did his book with same author i have it just havent read it yet. I've a few books still to read. Gucci DMX & Prodigy & Scarface books have been the best reads for me so far. Ja Rule was good too actually

Uh Oh 😢 @PineapplePhantom and I need this album on vinyl too lol day before rsd I cant do it 😅

Uh Oh 😢 @PineapplePhantom and I need this album on vinyl too lol day before rsd I cant do it 😅
If i don't get my hands on My Dear Melancholy tomorrow (reckon i'll hit Spindizzy and the O Connell St Tower) I'll probably rage cop this 😅

Any of ye RSD-ing this year? Looks like all the usual suspects are open and operating as normal (limiting numbers in the shop obviously). Curious to see if it'll be as busy as other years

im in deepest darkest most rural Galway so if at 6pm spindizzy had what I want, awesome! if not I’m remarkably chilled, I’m out of my apartment for the first time in 6 months so tuck RSD lmao!

Something I’ve just figured out on Amazon. If you’re buying from the U.K. site and it’s below €22 they charge no money for VAT as it’s below the exemption rate. If you have prime and free shipping it means you get fully VAT free records once you split your orders up individually to have each package below €22.

If the item is above €22 still get prime free postage but they take the deposit to pre pay customs for you like dot com does from America.

Something I’ve just figured out on Amazon. If you’re buying from the U.K. site and it’s below €22 they charge no money for VAT as it’s below the exemption rate. If you have prime and free shipping it means you get fully VAT free records once you split your orders up individually to have each package below €22.

If the item is above €22 still get prime free postage but they take the deposit to pre pay customs for you like dot com does from America.
I've started reducing my orders quite a lot and using irish websites were the option exists.
For unavoidable amazon purchases I'm avoiding all tax-related headaches and using the .de option....

I've started reducing my orders quite a lot and using irish websites were the option exists.
For unavoidable amazon purchases I'm avoiding all tax-related headaches and using the .de option....

I have the prime because I order my office bits and pieces from there (pen refills, paper etc) with WFH as they are quite a bit cheaper than any option here. Also makes sending birthday/Christmas presents to home much easier and I like the prime video sub.

I don’t buy a lot of records from them, nearly everything is used or comes from spindizzy, but in cases where they are much cheaper not paying any VAT on top of them being much cheaper is not something I’m about to start complaining about!

Good old An Post! I think that they're so overwhelmed between COVID, the resultant increase in online shopping in the last year and recovering from the Christmas rush that they are just not bothering with customs checks and charges 😂

None of my parcels from the states have had charges, regardless of the value and what has been declared, since the the start of COVID and neither has anything from the UK since brexshit! Long may it continue! Paying zero VAT on stuff is not going to have me complaining!

That said those shitty courier companies have been all over customs charges for stuff from the UK so that they can charge their exorbitant admin charges! Yuck!

Good old An Post! I think that they're so overwhelmed between COVID, the resultant increase in online shopping in the last year and recovering from the Christmas rush that they are just not bothering with customs checks and charges 😂

None of my parcels from the states have had charges, regardless of the value and what has been declared, since the the start of COVID and neither has anything from the UK since brexshit! Long may it continue! Paying zero VAT on stuff is not going to have me complaining!

That said those shitty courier companies have been all over customs charges for stuff from the UK so that they can charge their exorbitant admin charges! Yuck!
hopefully continues until that rcm comes and beyond

Hey lads

Long time no use!

Just a quick one. I’ve a spin clean with a nearly full bottle of solution that’s sitting unused. I’ll happily give it to a good home for free if you can pick it up. Shout me up.

Hey! Just wondering! Anyone have an Arctic Monkeys presale code that they aren’t using? I’d be eternally grateful

Hi all - Not sure if there is still much use on this thread, but figured I would give it a shot. I'm heading with the family over to Ireland for the first time in 2 weeks. Will be spending time in Dublin, Dingle, and Galway (I'm sure we're missing some great spots, but can only hit so much in one trip). Any vinyl related recommendations in any of those spots? Shops I should make sure to hit? Anything Irish-specific / unique that I should look for / might not be able to find in the states? Other general music-related recommendations? Appreciate any thoughts you may have!

Hi all - Not sure if there is still much use on this thread, but figured I would give it a shot. I'm heading with the family over to Ireland for the first time in 2 weeks. Will be spending time in Dublin, Dingle, and Galway (I'm sure we're missing some great spots, but can only hit so much in one trip). Any vinyl related recommendations in any of those spots? Shops I should make sure to hit? Anything Irish-specific / unique that I should look for / might not be able to find in the states? Other general music-related recommendations? Appreciate any thoughts you may have!

Plenty of great vinyl stores in dublin. Spindizzy is my regular haunt. Freebird in the Secret Record and Book store is cool. All City Records and The Record Spot are worth a peek and are close to each other, Tower Records on Dawson Street is the closest we have to a big record store but it’s worth a visit and has a growing local section downstairs. They have another smaller shop on the top floor of Easons book store on O’Connell Street,

Im biased but Galway is my favourite city/county in the country. So much to do as a tourist. Are you just sticking to the city or are you managing to get out and see a bit of the county?

Plenty of great vinyl stores in dublin. Spindizzy is my regular haunt. Freebird in the Secret Record and Book store is cool. All City Records and The Record Spot are worth a peek and are close to each other, Tower Records on Dawson Street is the closest we have to a big record store but it’s worth a visit and has a growing local section downstairs. They have another smaller shop on the top floor of Easons book store on O’Connell Street,

Im biased but Galway is my favourite city/county in the country. So much to do as a tourist. Are you just sticking to the city or are you managing to get out and see a bit of the county?
Thanks for the response! We're staying pretty close to a bunch of those stores that you noted in Dublin, so will make sure to check them out.

We have 4 nights in Galway, and definitely want to do a combination of city / country. We'll do the Cliffs of Moher thing one day, but otherwise kind of open. Any top recommendations?

Thanks for the response! We're staying pretty close to a bunch of those stores that you noted in Dublin, so will make sure to check them out.

We have 4 nights in Galway, and definitely want to do a combination of city / country. We'll do the Cliffs of Moher thing one day, but otherwise kind of open. Any top recommendations?

When you do the Cliffs of Moher down in Clare try to see the Burren and have a drop into Lahinch while you’re down that way.

For County Galway a day loop around Connemara is something I always do with people who come to visit. Roundstone and its two nearby beaches (Gurteen Strand and Dogs Bay) is a must. Kylemore Abbey is in stunning surroundings and Glassilaun is my favourite beach in the country, right out in the middle of nowhere. Leenaun at the end of Killary Fjord is also a nice stop for a pint and a bite to eat. You could, if you’ve time, then come back via Cong in County Mayo which is a lovely tourist village with an Abbey with grounds you can walk in and Ashford Castle if you were so inclined to see it.

A boat out to one of the Arran Islands is also well worth the visit for a day trip. They’re a really unique place.

You have to have a night out around Galway too while you’re there. It’s a really great city for nightlife, it has really young and welcoming vibe about it.

Last edited:
Back