Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

I'm genuinely impressed, especially at the price. And they look much more expensive than they are - I bought the dark green and oak models, which should go beautifully with any midcentury-styled furniture they might get. I think my friends are going to be thrilled - they're currently listening to music on their TV's built in speakers.

The WiiM Amp has a subwoofer out, so that's always an option for them down the road!
That’s a nice setup. I’m thinking about getting a WIIM amp for a garage setup.

I’ve also been recommending a setup like this when some of the younger people in my life with limited financial means start asking me what turntable I would recommend for them.

That’s a nice setup. I’m thinking about getting a WIIM amp for a garage setup.

I’ve also been recommending a setup like this when some of the younger people in my life with limited financial means start asking me what turntable I would recommend for them.
I only very briefly plugged in the WiiM Amp to get the firmware updated and ensure it was operational, but it sounded nice.

In this case, my friends expressed interest in getting a turntable setup and gave me a (frankly) tiny budget to work with. I decided I wasn't about to give them a system that I wouldn't be happy using for myself, so here we are. There's a Technics SL-J2 coming tomorrow that I'm going to service this weekend (hopefully that's all the work it needs!), pop a Grado Prestige Green2 on there, call it a day.

Should make for a pretty great setup, if I do say so.

Decided to do a headphone test drive and picked up some Focal Bathys open box with discount code over at MD. Curious to hear how they sound compared to my other headphones! They confirmed that I have 60 days to demo and return if I’m not happy with them.

Decided to do a headphone test drive and picked up some Focal Bathys open box with discount code over at MD. Curious to hear how they sound compared to my other headphones! They confirmed that I have 60 days to demo and return if I’m not happy with them.
I’d like to compare them to my B&Ws. They are really great.

I’d like to compare them to my B&Ws. They are really great.
i'll be comparing to my Drop Meze 99 Noirs. I've been using headphones a lot more lately with the kiddo around so am curious to hear the differences. i like that the bathys can be wired or wireless and interested to see what the DAC mode sounds like.

i'll be comparing to my Drop Meze 99 Noirs. I've been using headphones a lot more lately with the kiddo around so am curious to hear the differences. i like that the bathys can be wired or wireless and interested to see what the DAC mode sounds like.
The 99 Noir is a nice headphone. I liked mine so much I recently picked up the 109 Pro. It’s about 3x the price, but worth it. A fantastic headphone in terms of sound, build, looks, usability, and comfort.

The 99 Noir is a nice headphone. I liked mine so much I recently picked up the 109 Pro. It’s about 3x the price, but worth it. A fantastic headphone in terms of sound, build, looks, usability, and comfort.
yea-- i quite like the 99 noirs. i'll likely keep those and the bathys to have a headphone setup on each of my rigs. i like the flexibility of wireless for the bathys.

Yeah the wireless nature of the Px7s has changed how I listen to music while doing chores and what not. They way out class my Senns. That’s an itch I’ll get to eventually. Getting them showed me that my slower approach to upgrades is better. I’ve been having to force myself to use the senns. But that’s okay.

The px7’s can be used wired but it’s a usb hook up that came with it and I have looked into any other kind of hook up and don’t want to give the senns another reason to be ignored.

Back