Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Can anyone help me because it's nagging at me and eating away at the useful bits of my brain... What 90s/maybe 00s top 40 dancey hit does the closing 40 seconds or so of "Traffic" off Anima remind me of??

Well the first show of Thom's european leg was last night in Köln. Im going to the show tonight in Frankfurt. I made a spotify playlist of the Köln setlist to get me through the day:

Ill be sure to do one for the Frankfurt show. Looks like he played from all his albums - sadly no new Radiohead song previews.

Apparently he came out to chat & sign stuff after the show. Im tempted to take the sleeve of Eraser but ive never done this before? How does one carry a sleeve to a show?

Anyone here interested in this

Its a parlophone reissue. I just got an OG and figure I dont need this one. I'm willing to sell it verrrrry reasonably to one of yall good Radiohead loving souls if you are:) Sounds great and no issues that i recall. PM me if you are interested.

Its a parlophone reissue. I just got an OG and figure I dont need this one. I'm willing to sell it verrrrry reasonably to one of yall good Radiohead loving souls if you are:) Sounds great and no issues that i recall. PM me if you are interested.
What’s the difference between this reissue and the OG?

I think I remember @Phaneronic telling me that all Parlophone presses were taken from masters from the tapes whereas the capitol ones were done from digital masters.
Well, can't quite comment that the Parlophone's weren't done from digital but they're certainly not cut from the CD masters, unlike the Capitol. With that being said I've heard good things about the recent XL presses. Nevertheless, and I've expressed this before, I doubt very much they can top the Parlophone Amnesiac.

Also continue to be convinced A Moon Shaped Pool and OKNOTOK are done from CD/Digital, much to my immense disappointment, even though the band have made a number of commendable anti-audiophile statements...

Well, can't quite comment that the Parlophone's weren't done from digital but they're certainly not cut from the CD masters, unlike the Capitol. With that being said I've heard good things about the recent XL presses. Nevertheless, and I've expressed this before, I doubt very much they can top the Parlophone Amnesiac.

Also continue to be convinced A Moon Shaped Pool and OKNOTOK are done from CD/Digital, much to my immense disappointment, even though the band have made a number of commendable anti-audiophile statements...

Ah I couldn’t quit remember the conversation we had, it was a while ago haha! They are certainly all digital masters now, they digitised their masters and gave sections of the tape away with the special AMSP. My OKNOTOK and AMSP sound better than the CDs I think but then that could just be confirmation bias...

All my XL pressings are good but isn’t there a documented issue with the US ones pressed at Rainbo. I think for you guys it’s worth importing our ones from Europe from what I remember. My capitol Kid A is my worst Radiohead pressing so I’ll be in the market for the 20th box next year.

All that said my Parlophone copy of The Bends is still my best sounding Radiohead pressing...

Ah I couldn’t quit remember the conversation we had, it was a while ago haha! They are certainly all digital masters now, they digitised their masters and gave sections of the tape away with the special AMSP. My OKNOTOK and AMSP sound better than the CDs I think but then that could just be confirmation bias...

All my XL pressings are good but isn’t there a documented issue with the US ones pressed at Rainbo. I think for you guys it’s worth importing our ones from Europe from what I remember. My capitol Kid A is my worst Radiohead pressing so I’ll be in the market for the 20th box next year.

All that said my Parlophone copy of The Bends is still my best sounding Radiohead pressing...
All the boxes are European, and I was sure to go for the European OKNOTOK {didn't get the box, and now it looks like it's off the market and I don't really want to be spending that kinda money right now anyway}. I have a US AMSP, and all the recent US XL pressings are Rainbo, so it's natually not very good.

All the boxes are European, and I was sure to go for the European OKNOTOK {didn't get the box, and now it looks like it's off the market and I don't really want to be spending that kinda money right now anyway}. I have a US AMSP, and all the recent US XL pressings are Rainbo, so it's natually not very good.

I convinced myself in 2017 that I didn’t need the box too and then got the urge last month and got the last list price new one on amazon uk phew! Ridiculous decisions like this are the reason I’m beginning a vinyl diet now! It is a gorgeous box, unnecessary, but gorgeous!

Of course, I got this in April (2016 US)

Doubtful I'd hear the difference between the pressings on my gear, with my ears. I resisted the 2x10" format but fell into a deal, so...

(I favor the 12" size because my downstairs turntable has presets for 12" & 7" and cueing is push-button on an odd Denon with a floating arm.)

Are on a cassette...

Although I downloaded them last night too. And I bought the minidiscs too. And I don’t like demos as a rule, I don’t think you should peek behind the curtain and see how the magic trick is done, just be wowed by it...
I mean, cassettes are fun. And I can understand just wanting the finished piece, but there can be something in seeing the process. On that note I bought the minidiscs as well, if only because I support the cause. I wonder if there's much overlap between the Minidiscs and the OKNOTOK demos. And also whether I'll ever actually get around to listening to all 18 hours…

I mean, cassettes are fun. And I can understand just wanting the finished piece, but there can be something in seeing the process. On that note I bought the minidiscs as well, if only because I support the cause. I wonder if there's much overlap between the Minidiscs and the OKNOTOK demos. And also whether I'll ever actually get around to listening to all 18 hours…

You need a cassette player though! I have too much hifi gear already...

And I’m old enough that I used to have a Walkman and that I used to tape the top 40 off the radio on a Sunday (finger on the stop button to cut the DJ...) and I had so many albums lost to chewed tapes, it’s the one format I have no nostalgia for haha!

I just finally finished listening to all the Radiohead albums, and now I need to update my collection.

Do any of y’all know what the best sounding pressings are of Hail to the Thief, The Bends, and Amnesiac?

Back