Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I have the 2008 reissue of Kid A on Capital and want to upgrade my copy. What's the best version that won't cost an arm and a leg?

I’m in a similar boat. At the moment it’s arm and a leg for OG parlophone. The xl from Europe is supposed to be ok (don’t touch the us xl).

I’ve decided to just hold out for the 20th anniversary box next year!

I’m in a similar boat. At the moment it’s arm and a leg for OG parlophone. The xl from Europe is supposed to be ok (don’t touch the us xl).

I’ve decided to just hold out for the 20th anniversary box next year!

Ahh box set is smart. Thom Yorke in the Zane Lowe interview definitely mentined that he's working on it. It looks like the UK OG goes for much higher than the european OG. Are they different?

Ahh box set is smart. Thom Yorke in the Zane Lowe interview definitely mentined that he's working on it. It looks like the UK OG goes for much higher than the european OG. Are they different?

I don't think so, I just think that the KIDLP1 code on the back is more sought after that the bunch of numbers for the Euro one.

So, the Euro ones are made at Record Industry in Holland rather than EMI in UK after they gave up production between Kid A and Amnesiac, often come on heavier vinyl and a little more prone to noise, but they use the same plates/packaging. Basically, if you can confirm that there are Parlophone logos on the copy you're purchasing you should be golden.

So just to be clear the Kid A anniversary boxset is basically confirmed at this point?
I've not heard anything from the band, but then again I've not been keeping up, not even heard Anima. I think everyone's talking about it because it's a logical thing to do after OKNOTOK. At the same time I wouldn't think there'd be that many leftovers from that period...

So, the Euro ones are made at Record Industry in Holland rather than EMI in UK after they gave up production between Kid A and Amnesiac, often come on heavier vinyl and a little more prone to noise, but they use the same plates/packaging. Basically, if you can confirm that there are Parlophone logos on the copy you're purchasing you should be golden.

I've not heard anything from the band, but then again I've not been keeping up, not even heard Anima. I think everyone's talking about it because it's a logical thing to do after OKNOTOK. At the same time I wouldn't think there'd be that many leftovers from that period...

Yeah Thom has hinted at it a couple of times, this is the one I read.

I was wondering why I seem to have fell out of love with Radiohead as I rarely play them , especially as I played The Bends and Ok Computer to death, stuck with them thru Kid A and love In Rainbows .

And I can pinpoint the exact time and place ...

My wife’s old flat , her neighbour downstairs decided at 1am to play Creep and did a singalong too after getting dumped over and over and over ....

Queue knocks on door and calls to landlord ...

And no more Radiohead listening ....

Last edited:
At the same time I wouldn't think there'd be that many leftovers from that period...
I thought this too originally but I feel like they have a lot of cool stuff locked away in the vaults that nobody has any idea about. The OKC leak showed they barely scratched the surface of all the recording sessions for that album, and imagine what it took to get some of the tracks on Kid A to that point.

I thought this too originally but I feel like they have a lot of cool stuff locked away in the vaults that nobody has any idea about. The OKC leak showed they barely scratched the surface of all the recording sessions for that album, and imagine what it took to get some of the tracks on Kid A to that point.

I’d really rather not have more demos and nascent ideas and songs. What I loved about OKNOTOK was that the bonus disc was all fully realised songs and ideas, I’m hoping for more like that than the Cassette or MiniDiscs which I’ll probably never fully listen to...

I’d really rather not have more demos and nascent ideas and songs. What I loved about OKNOTOK was that the bonus disc was all fully realised songs and ideas, I’m hoping for more like that than the Cassette or MiniDiscs which I’ll probably never fully listen to...
I'd be OK with some demos/mixes-in-progress, but yes, hoping for some unknown/unheard polished gems like OKNOTOK. Considering Amnesiac was recorded at the same time, I'm wondering if the box set will include that as well as those b-sides, or if they'll save it for its own box...

I honestly can't imagine having this mindset.

Obviously I don't want the only extra material to be just demos and sketches. But I have a feeling they wouldn't do that. They seem to be a band that doesn't let very many demos and unpolished studio recordings out very often. I'm saying I'm sure there's a lot of "I Promise" and "Man of War" type songs from the Kid A sessions they've been sitting on for years we might finally see come to some sort of finished state.

But if you're saying you have absolutely zero interest in hearing the progression of how songs come to be and how different they might have been in earlier stages in recording, then that's insane to me. I'm not talking about something like a demo of "Optimistic" where the only difference is worse audio quality and a slightly different guitar tone. I'm saying vastly different versions of songs and maybe some abandoned ideas that were interesting but were never fully developed enough to make the final cut.

I'd be OK with some demos/mixes-in-progress, but yes, hoping for some unknown/unheard polished gems like OKNOTOK. Considering Amnesiac was recorded at the same time, I'm wondering if the box set will include that as well as those b-sides, or if they'll save it for its own box...

Yeah I’m not a fan of demos at all, I’ve always felt of it as peering behind the curtain and seeing it’s an illusion, I’d rather just be transfixed by the magic...

I actually don’t know what would be in it extra. Amnesiac was the better leftover tracks from those sessions and I’d hope for separate box for Amnesiac and it’s b sides just because its worthy of it and the artwork for it was stunning. I had the library book of it OG and it’d be a pity to see all that subsumed into a larger Kid A release.

I honestly can't imagine having this mindset.

Obviously I don't want the only extra material to be just demos and sketches. But I have a feeling they wouldn't do that. They seem to be a band that doesn't let very many demos and unpolished studio recordings out very often. I'm saying I'm sure there's a lot of "I Promise" and "Man of War" type songs from the Kid A sessions they've been sitting on for years we might finally see come to some sort of finished state.

But if you're saying you have absolutely zero interest in hearing the progression of how songs come to be and how different they might have been in earlier stages in recording, then that's insane to me. I'm not talking about something like a demo of "Optimistic" where the only difference is worse audio quality and a slightly different guitar tone. I'm saying vastly different versions of songs and maybe some abandoned ideas that were interesting but were never fully developed enough to make the final cut.

Yeah see I find that inane and if actually ruins the finished article, the trick loses its magic when you see how it was carried out.

Please don’t criticise my attitude because I don’t like the demistification of art.

Honestly, I think it'd be a disappointing for them to split them up rather than killing two birds with one stone and just making it one huge package. It would make it much more worth it in the end to have not only both albums but the presumed extra material from the sessions included as well. Considering they are sibling albums in a lot of ways, it would make sense thematically.

Back