Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Ok, I’m seriously FOMO’ing for the Deluxe version of Anima. FWIW, I haven’t been a fan of what I’ve heard of his solo work, but regardless, me wants. I just spent $40 for the Rat’s Nest variant of the new King Gizzard record, and now I hear that they’re re-releasing Jordan:The Comeback by Prefab Sprout on vinyl, which will be a must. I have Anima deluxe in my cart for $70, all I have to do is click submit.

Ok, I’m seriously FOMO’ing for the Deluxe version of Anima. FWIW, I haven’t been a fan of what I’ve heard of his solo work, but regardless, me wants. I just spent $40 for the Rat’s Nest variant of the new King Gizzard record, and now I hear that they’re re-releasing Jordan:The Comeback by Prefab Sprout on vinyl, which will be a must. I have Anima deluxe in my cart for $70, all I have to do is click submit.

Ohh Anima is gorgeous. I've held off ordering until I could listen but I'm going in on the deluxe. Lovely weird, glitchy, textural meanderings with deep caverns of exquisite beauty. Has a strong sense of a single piece composed of movements that connect and intertwine. Very nice and I feel like it will be a grower.

I listened when I got up way too early this morning. And I probably got up way too early because it was released.

This album is amazing, and it gets stronger on the back end. For me, this is his best solo, or non-Radiohead, album. I usually listen to music at work, but there is no way I can listen to ANIMA again until I can give it my full attention. Bummer we have to wait till late August until the vinyl arrives, what I'd give to dissolve into my couch with this on over the weekend.

EDIT: looks like it's only the Deluxe Box doesn't ship until August (on amazon at least). Orange coming soon!

Last edited:
I listened when I got up way too early this morning. And I probably got up way too early because it was released.

This album is amazing, and it gets stronger on the back end. For me, this is his best solo, or non-Radiohead, album. I usually listen to music at work, but there is no way I can listen to ANIMA again until I can give it my full attention. Bummer we have to wait till late August until the vinyl arrives, what I'd give to dissolve into my couch with this on over the weekend.
I thought most sites had the vinyl release date as 7/19?

In my mind I just assumed this came out Friday. I'll have to make sure I get a listen in today.

Back