Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I'd send you my CD, but I bought while I was living in Argentina and it's from those stupid years where they tried put copy protection on CDs...
so you're not able to rip the CD? 😮 tbh that's a big reason for me to buy and keep CDs around, is for them sweet lossless filez 😎

on a sidenote: I wish more records came packaged with the CD, they have way more use than download codes imo

so you're not able to rip the CD? 😮 tbh that's a big reason for me to buy and keep CDs around, is for them sweet lossless filez 😎

on a sidenote: I wish more records came packaged with the CD, they have way more use than download codes imo

It has glitches and errors if you try to rip it... luckily when I got the vinyl the download code had a flac option!

maybe I need to pay more attention to my download codes. 👀

Some record labels are really good about giving you flac or wav files (Sub Pop, XL, Erased Tapes, more recent stuff from Beggars Group and Merge, and anything that uses a Bandcamp code, off the top of my head)... but every now and then the code for something will be like a 160 kbps MP3 with a ridiculously large embedded album art that makes the file bigger than the flac would have been!

Yeah totally 2.1 channel for all music.

My only issue is the 1969s spongy hardwood floors right in front of the table. Tried to reinforce them from underneath with a few added supports in the basement but they are still real springy, gotta be careful walking by right in front.

An isolation platform or an isolation box, like the thing I have my table in, could be your friend? There are plenty of differently options for the former and if you’re handy you can make the later (I’m not so I paid someone to do it).

Some record labels are really good about giving you flac or wav files (Sub Pop, XL, Erased Tapes, more recent stuff from Beggars Group and Merge, and anything that uses a Bandcamp code, off the top of my head)... but every now and then the code for something will be like a 160 kbps MP3 with a ridiculously large embedded album art that makes the file bigger than the flac would have been!

anything from universal too with a sound of vinyl dl card is WAV, always makes me happy when I see one of those cards. Also saves the codes on your account so unlimited dls.

An isolation platform or an isolation box, like the thing I have my table in, could be your friend? There are plenty of differently options for the former and if you’re handy you can make the later (I’m not so I paid someone to do it).
Trust me friend, I have tried everything. I tried your Ikea butcher blocks, I bought crazy expensive Gaia feet and tried those... the floors just have too much flex in that spot for anything to fix footfalls. My only option is to wall mount it.

Trust me friend, I have tried everything. I tried your Ikea butcher blocks, I bought crazy expensive Gaia feet and tried those... the floors just have too much flex in that spot for anything to fix footfalls. My only option is to wall mount it.

Fair enough. I imagine with where your projector screen is that that’s that little bit more problematic too. This damn finicky hobby!

Fair enough. I imagine with where your projector screen is that that’s that little bit more problematic too. This damn finicky hobby!
Well actually there's space to mount it like one inch above the entertainment stand. I just haven't had the balls to attempt it yet. I don't think there's anything in the wall besides strapping to anchor into. So it's not an easy job.

Last edited:
Well actually theres space to mount it like one inch above the entertainment stand. I just haven't had the balls to attempt it yet. I don't think there's anything in the wall besides strapping to anchor into. So it's not an easy job.

My kingdom for internal blockwork walls...

I have the same issue with spongy floors. My house was built in the 60s as well. The floor joists they used were too small for the span of the room, so the floors bounce like crazy. So much so, I've moved a huge chunk of my record collection to the basement because I'm paranoid about the floor joists warping. Anyways, I really hate the situation.

I use a Rega RP40, and given the lightweight plinthe and the aluminum brace under the tonearm, it rarely skips, even with 2 toddlers moshing in a circle pit with my horse dog and chihuahua. Granted I have it on a 2x4 Kallax with a bunch of records in it, so the weight likely absorbs some of the vibration. I've contemplated wall mounting as well, but the whole house shakes when someone closes the door. Cheap build on this house.

When I buy a different house, I'll be inspecting the floor build, that's for sure.

I have the same issue with spongy floors. My house was built in the 60s as well. The floor joists they used were too small for the span of the room, so the floors bounce like crazy. So much so, I've moved a huge chunk of my record collection to the basement because I'm paranoid about the floor joists warping. Anyways, I really hate the situation.

I use a Rega RP40, and given the lightweight plinthe and the aluminum brace under the tonearm, it rarely skips, even with 2 toddlers moshing in a circle pit with my horse dog and chihuahua. Granted I have it on a 2x4 Kallax with a bunch of records in it, so the weight likely absorbs some of the vibration. I've contemplated wall mounting as well, but the whole house shakes when someone closes the door. Cheap build on this house.

When I buy a different house, I'll be inspecting the floor build, that's for sure.
Yeah part of it is also the design of my media stand. It sits on two large metal legs and has a tonne of flex. Like if I raise the right front leg, the left front leg doesn't move... So that doesn't help much either. Honestly it's fine for my wife and I, but when people are over and they walk right past it'll skip.

So.... what's the best version of Hail To The Thief to get that isn't a million dollars. Are any of the newer ones any good?

So.... what's the best version of Hail To The Thief to get that isn't a million dollars. Are any of the newer ones any good?

Im happy with the 2016 EU XL. Haven’t heard the 2003 Parlophone OG to compare it with though.

Back