Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I think they still could have done a really cool release. I feel like there might have been a small subset of people mad that there wasn't any new material like there was with the OKC reissue but I feel that for most, a deluxe package with decent pressings of Kid A, Amnesiac and all of the B-sides from that era would have been more than enough to satiate them.

I think the big problem is that the band appears to be very selective on what they choose to release. As the massive OKC leaks showed, they definitely didn't have a lack of unreleased material to work with, but they still refrained from releasing the majority of it to the public. I have a feeling the same goes for Kid A - I refuse to believe, even with some of the leftover material being used for Amnesiac, that there isn't some really neat stuff from those sessions that it could be cool to hear, especially considering what an experimental period that was for the band.

I don't want to come off as entitled and as though I'm demanding new material, because as far as I'm concerned, if they announced tomorrow that they were done and hanging it up, I'd be fine with it. But I do feel like this is a bit of a missed opportunity. 😕
For sure. Just make the anniversary a cool package and throw the deluxe version tracks on there.
Speaking of , I’m not seeing them on digital platforms as I’m typing this.

For sure. Just make the anniversary a cool package and throw the deluxe version tracks on there.
Speaking of , I’m not seeing them on digital platforms as I’m typing this.

The 2009 2 cd versions Parlophone released without the bands input or permission?

They despised the existence of those and encouraged everyone not to buy them. I don’t think, given how closely they work with XL now, and presumedly into the future, that we will ever see those emerge on any format ever again!

Last edited:
I probably will at some point...I mean they are identical in every way but the LPKIDA1 marking on upc

That kinda makes all the difference though so I wants! That said the price difference is huge for a little bit of print...

🤔🤔🤔

I have the 0% pixelation one and I swear when I bought mine with the 0% it said initial first pressing ...so guess what’s now on my waitlist 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have the 0% pixelation one and I swear when I bought mine with the 0% it said initial first pressing ...so guess what’s now on my waitlist 🤦🏻‍♂️

That’s kinda funny cuz I’m guessing it was always supposed to be there, it’s on every other release, and that someone cocked up and missed it in the first few out 😂

Wasn’t someone here interested in that My Iron Lung 12” at my local shop? It’s still on the wall at $125. I wonder if I made a cash offer below his price if he’d take it...

I’d kinda hate a joint box set, they’re two different albums and things like that mess with that part of my head that demands a certain way of organising things....
I agree, but Radiohead did consider the double album option but decided not to.
The 2009 2 cd versions Parlophone released without the bands input or permission?

They despised the existence of those and encouraged everyone not to buy them. I don’t think, given how closely they work with XL now, and presumedly into the future, that we will ever see those emerge on any format ever again!
Interesting so they are either 1) big mad they got released into the wild (I would be too) and don’t want them spoken about again

or

2) sincerely didn’t like the b sides and thought to pretend they didn’t happen.

a shame bc the material was all there to be similar to an oknotok type thing.
Oh well I’m not in charge of it all sadly lol

I agree, but Radiohead did consider the double album option but decided not to.

Interesting so they are either 1) big mad they got released into the wild (I would be too) and don’t want them spoken about again

or

2) sincerely didn’t like the b sides and thought to pretend they didn’t happen.

a shame bc the material was all there to be similar to an oknotok type thing.
Oh well I’m not in charge of it all sadly lol
I think it was all that and more. Huge mad that they got released into the wild against their wishes. It was also not that a comment on the b sides but more that they felt that the discs 2 on them were sloppy and I agree, there is no attempt to sequence or to implement QC and leave stuff off, it’s all b sides grouped as part of the singles they were on. Kid A is even worse, it’s just a collection of kick knacks and BBC sessions just to fill a second disc as an excuse. Then the final nail, they saw it for what it was, a cynical exploitative cash grab to cash in on the In Rainbows hype after Radiohead had refused to renew their contract with Parlophone ahead of its release.

Last edited:
I think it was all that and more. Huge mad that they got released into the wild against their wishes. It was also not that a comment on the b sides but more that they felt that the discs 2 on them were sloppy and I agree, there is no attempt to sequence or to implement QC and leave stuff off, it’s all b sides grouped as part of the singles they were on. Kid A is even worse, it’s just a collection of kick knacks and BBC sessions just to fill a second disc as an excuse. Then the final nail, they saw it for what it was, a cynical exploitative cash grab to cash in on the In Rainbows hype after Radiohead had refused to renew their contract with Parlophone ahead of its release.
Exactly right. There was also that "Greatest Hits" compilation released around this time as well. Hyden dives into those contract negotiations in the new book too.

Back