Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Anyone read the Hyden book yet?
I finished it this past weekend. Need to give it a 2nd pass, but I enjoyed it... possibly not quite as much as I enjoyed his previous two books, however. It's a quick read, and felt a bit short overall, but not sure what aspects he could have expanded on, as it seemed pretty thorough on what was covered.

I finished it this past weekend. Need to give it a 2nd pass, but I enjoyed it... possibly not quite as much as I enjoyed his previous two books, however. It's a quick read, and felt a bit short overall, but not sure what aspects he could have expanded on, as it seemed pretty thorough on what was covered.
What exactly is in it? Does it read like a book with different chapters of is if like a compilation of reviews and articles?

What exactly is in it? Does it read like a book with different chapters of is if like a compilation of reviews and articles?
It's a book with chapters - he goes into things like how they approached recording it, the tours they did before & after release, how it was received by fans & media, how it impacted their following records (I didn't know In Rainbows was apparently so difficult for them to record), his personal anecdotes from the time, and lots of good stuff. Lots of research and references to reviews and articles of the time.

It's a book with chapters - he goes into things like how they approached recording it, the tours they did before & after release, how it was received by fans & media, how it impacted their following records (I didn't know In Rainbows was apparently so difficult for them to record), his personal anecdotes from the time, and lots of good stuff. Lots of research and references to reviews and articles of the time.
Sounds like just what I want. Ordered.

You can put on the inferior reissues currently available. But I don't know if you were going for THAT sad or not.

I mean the master tapes are gone. It’s not like we’re going to get anything revelatory from a digital remaster, a bit like with OK Computer OKNOTOK not being the best sounding version, and with no singles and amnesiac likely having mopped up the best of the scraps it’s not going to have a disc of b sides and lost songs. Just save up for an U.K. LPKIDA1 first press or a European first press...

I mean the master tapes are gone. It’s not like we’re going to get anything revelatory from a digital remaster, a bit like with OK Computer OKNOTOK not being the best sounding version, and with no singles and amnesiac likely having mopped up the best of the scraps it’s not going to have a disc of b sides and lost songs. Just save up for an U.K. LPKIDA1 first press or a European first press...
I think they still could have done a really cool release. I feel like there might have been a small subset of people mad that there wasn't any new material like there was with the OKC reissue but I feel that for most, a deluxe package with decent pressings of Kid A, Amnesiac and all of the B-sides from that era would have been more than enough to satiate them.

I think the big problem is that the band appears to be very selective on what they choose to release. As the massive OKC leaks showed, they definitely didn't have a lack of unreleased material to work with, but they still refrained from releasing the majority of it to the public. I have a feeling the same goes for Kid A - I refuse to believe, even with some of the leftover material being used for Amnesiac, that there isn't some really neat stuff from those sessions that it could be cool to hear, especially considering what an experimental period that was for the band.

I don't want to come off as entitled and as though I'm demanding new material, because as far as I'm concerned, if they announced tomorrow that they were done and hanging it up, I'd be fine with it. But I do feel like this is a bit of a missed opportunity. 😕

I think they still could have done a really cool release. I feel like there might have been a small subset of people mad that there wasn't any new material like there was with the OKC reissue but I feel that for most, a deluxe package with decent pressings of Kid A, Amnesiac and all of the B-sides from that era would have been more than enough to satiate them.

I think the big problem is that the band appears to be very selective on what they choose to release. As the massive OKC leaks showed, they definitely didn't have a lack of unreleased material to work with, but they still refrained from releasing the majority of it to the public. I have a feeling the same goes for Kid A - I refuse to believe, even with some of the leftover material being used for Amnesiac, that there isn't some really neat stuff from those sessions that it could be cool to hear, especially considering what an experimental period that was for the band.

I don't want to come off as entitled and as though I'm demanding new material, because as far as I'm concerned, if they announced tomorrow that they were done and hanging it up, I'd be fine with it. But I do feel like this is a bit of a missed opportunity. 😕

Perhaps but I suppose I’m not surprised, having followed the band for so long, and getting an idea for how much they hate the whole industry treadmill, repackaging culture and looking back rather than forward. They pretty much disowned the Parlophone special editions and best of from 2009 and furiously requested that fans didn’t buy them.

It makes me actually be more surprised that OKNOTOK ever happened and just grateful that we got it. Also in some ways the real missed anniversary edition this year is The Bends 25th, they had b-sides to burn in that period, a second disc of it would be pure fire!

What if we get a Kid A/Amnesiac Boxset next year? For the 20th of Amnesiac(and end of the Kid A sessions). Plus there are a lot of B-sides that I would love to have in a Boxset like OKNOTOK(The Amazing Sounds of Orgy, Trans-atlantic Drawl, Kinetic, Cuttooth).

I’d kinda hate a joint box set, they’re two different albums and things like that mess with that part of my head that demands a certain way of organising things....

Back