Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

The box set is only in black I believe? I mean the box set that comes with the CDs and old analog tape wrapped around it.

Oh yeah sorry, the white is single, I thought you wanted the best pressing. My boxset edition sounds great. I think the ones that are just the album the US pressing is the worse(think it's Rainbo), don't know which one is the Boxset.

Oh yeah sorry, the white is single, I thought you wanted the best pressing. My boxset edition sounds great. I think the ones that are just the album the US pressing is the worse(think it's Rainbo), don't know which one is the Boxset.
Gotcha yeah, the white and the boxset are both Optimal but there definitely seems to be a hit or miss aspect to either of those pressings. Good to know...

Gotcha yeah, the white and the boxset are both Optimal but there definitely seems to be a hit or miss aspect to either of those pressings. Good to know...

Oh one thing. The vinyl came really dirty, mine had like pieces of paper and I've seen reports that they're almost all the same.

Well what do ya know... Amazon Canada somehow currently has the AMSP box set for $65 CAD. Not gunna find it any cheaper than that, and since I can return a few times to try to get the cleanest vinyl possible... sold. (I would never do this normally to a regular seller or store... but it's Amazon... zero pity.)

As far as you guys know all the box sets came with the analog tape band yes? I don't see it in the pictures but it seems to be the only version on discogs...

Last edited:
ERMAHGERD the In Rainbows box arrived and it's mint and glorious and I listened to the first two tracks and HOLY HELL they sound incredible. Hoping that I've avoided the whooshing copies.

Now for a question. How bad is the Moon Shaped Pool pressing? I debating grabbing that box set but from what I've read the pressing is a bit of a travesty on that one... Thoughts?

oh god the vinyl copy in mine was atrocious. Noisy, scratched, artifacts. Those damn paper inner sleeves. It was the worst sounding copy of a well mastered and pressed album I’ve ever heard!

I ended up buying a standard copy in the shop and swapping over the records!

oh god the vinyl copy in mine was atrocious. Noisy, scratched, artifacts. Those damn paper inner sleeves...

Yeah I figure that's what's going to happen. I'll likely have to return a couple but if it comes to it I may have to find a optical pressed copy. I'm not sure I'll be able to find that in stores over here though. Likely all the Rainbo ones...

oh god the vinyl copy in mine was atrocious. Noisy, scratched, artifacts. Those damn paper inner sleeves. It was the worst sounding copy of a well mastered and pressed album I’ve ever heard!

Did the regular press come with better sleeves than the box set? Or just less tight paper sleeves?

Did the regular press come with better sleeves than the box set? Or just less tight paper sleeves?

It came in cardboard printed inner sleeves so whilst not ideal longer term they are nowhere near as rough on the records. The record labels are different if that does your OCD in but it’s the exact same press and sounded exponentially better for not having been scratched to fuck by those shitty paper inners!

Well what do ya know... Amazon Canada somehow currently has the AMSP box set for $65 CAD. Not gunna find it any cheaper than that, and since I can return a few times to try to get the cleanest vinyl possible... sold. (I would never do this normally to a regular seller or store... but it's Amazon... zero pity.)

As far as you guys know all the box sets came with the analog tape band yes? I don't see it in the pictures but it seems to be the only version on discogs...
They all come with a piece of the tape. It’s a nice set. Good sound but some light pops here and there which I think is pretty common.

It ain’t no In Rainbows that’s for sure, but it’s a nice piece to add to the collection

When you guys were buying the white or black AMSP how did you know you were getting the Optimal press and not the Rainbo? The white one it appears the barcode is a sticker on the Optimal... I can't see any way to tell with the standard black pressing...

When you guys were buying the white or black AMSP how did you know you were getting the Optimal press and not the Rainbo? The white one it appears the barcode is a sticker on the Optimal... I can't see any way to tell with the standard black pressing...
You had to look at the matrix numbers to tell.

Got my Optimal on Cogs...really probably the only way to know for sure otherwise it's Amazon roulette.

Really, I don’t know why they don’t press everything like that in rainbows set....nothing else compares to that sound. The oknotok box set sounds terrible too btw

Yeah the deadwax right? The jackets are identical. And yeah @marshall that's likely what I'll do if these box set vinyl are totally effed, which we all know hahahahaha OF COURSE THEY WILL BE
I can look at my box later tonight when I get home but I don't think there were any identifying markings.

I can look at my box later tonight when I get home but I don't think there were any identifying markings.
There is only one box set pressing so I KNOW those are from Optimal, just depends if they survive the trip without getting scratched all to hell by the paper sleeves...

Back