Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

@Joe Mac Thoughts on Red Bush?
I’ve never had it. I’ve tried four of theirs. Standard which is an ok mixer but nothing special. I don’t like Black Bush, I like the Malt 10 and I love the 400th anniversary special one, but that’s not around any more 🙁
If you’re talking the Jameys/Bushmill’s realm of standard blends, I’m a big fan of Tullamore D.E.W. as it’s way smoother than it has any right to be. Joe would probably call it a mixer, but it’s a shooter to me.

If you’re talking the Jameys/Bushmill’s realm of standard blends, I’m a big fan of Tullamore D.E.W. as it’s way smoother than it has any right to be. Joe would probably call it a mixer, but it’s a shooter to me.

Yeah I don’t do shots like that any more, I’m only short so I’d get smashed far too quickly!

I tend to either sip the good stuff or mix the cheaper stuff. Tullamore Dew is ok too, I’ve had it in hot toddies before. Much like Powers or Paddy's it’s a cheap whiskey that’s smooth and not harsh but isn’t particularly anything special either.

Yeah I don’t do shots like that any more, I’m only short so I’d get smashed far too quickly!

I tend to either sip the good stuff or mix the cheaper stuff. Tullamore Dew is ok too, I’ve had it in hot toddies before. Much like Powers or Paddy's it’s a cheap whiskey that’s smooth and not harsh but isn’t particularly anything special either.
I shouldn’t do shots like that anymore. I can’t drink like I did in my 20s, but that doesn’t stop me from trying. 🤣🤣🥴🤢🤮😵

Not a hot take but why does Chris Brown still have a career? I read the police report and when it was posted on Reddit, he should be rotting in a one man cell.

Because people believe in forgiveness and enjoy his music.

Also - a lot of people separate the person and the music. Such as many have done with MJ and many others.

Not a hot take but why does Chris Brown still have a career? I read the police report and when it was posted on Reddit, he should be rotting in a one man cell.
100% this. Hes a piece of shit that doesn't deserve to have half the career he currently has. In fact, he deserves to be rotting in jail. I would extend this further to a whole host of musicians.

I remember reading a lengthy report on, I believe it was, that Tentacion guy and feeling physically sick. He basically kidnapped and imprisoned his girlfriend whilst beating and raping her. Disgusting human. I really home I named the correct person here, massive apologies I didn't.

So for @Count_Vader here are 5 Irish whiskeys that I think give a good overview of what we do well over here. Before anyone starts wailing about Middleton Very Rare it’s a deliberate omission, yes it’s good but it’s not worth anything like what they charge for it...

Connemara 12 year old

This brand is a bit of an outlier in Irish whiskey in that it’s peated. It has all of that traditional Irish whiskey smoothness but with a smokey flavour more reminiscent of a good scotch.

Teeling Stout Cask

I rave about this one, I think it’s exceptional at its price! It’s a collaboration with the Galway Bay Brewing Company. Teelings send whiskey barrels west to them to age their 200 fathoms Stout in. When it’s done they send the barrels back and Teelings age this whiskey in it. Smooth, sweet, rich and with background hints of dark chocolate.

Bushmills Malt 10

This is the point at which Bushmills stars to get interesting! This is a nice and delicate whiskey that’s very drinkable.

Yellow Spot 12

A really nice medium bodied complex whiskey. This is where we start to get to the really good stuff.

Red Breast 15

This is about as full bodied as Irish whiskey gets. Full of flavour and complexity. As a multiple award winner this is the best, and accordingly most expensive, bottle on this list.

Im currently designing the headquarters for a major whiskey company (they sell a whole load of different spirits, most of which are big named brands). Its a fantastic job and super fun. We are currently on site now and it will be a pretty cool place to work once they move in, super jealous of them!

100% this. Hes a piece of shit that doesn't deserve to have half the career he currently has. In fact, he deserves to be rotting in jail. I would extend this further to a whole host of musicians.

I remember reading a lengthy report on, I believe it was, that Tentacion guy and feeling physically sick. He basically kidnapped and imprisoned his girlfriend whilst beating and raping her. Disgusting human. I really home I named the correct person here, massive apologies I didn't.

Im currently designing the headquarters for a major whiskey company (they sell a whole load of different spirits, most of which are big named brands). Its a fantastic job and super fun. We are currently on site now and it will be a pretty cool place to work once they move in, super jealous of them!

I hope you are getting a few complimentary samples 🥴🥴🥴

I have a hot take which I hope doesn't get me lynched. Im not a fan of the current 'trend' or remaking films with an all woman cast. I recently watched Ocean's 8 and thought it was great fun, but had no reason to link itself to the Oceans series other than casually mentioning the names of some of the characters in the previous series. There's also the Ghostbusters reboot and I have just read that there is going to be an all-female reboot of 'The Mask'.

My argument isn't that im against all-female casts (on the contrary), but that directors are using this as a gimmick and pairing it with previously successful films to cash in. Films like 'Bad Moms', 'Bridesmaids', 'Pitch Perfect', 'Charlies Angels' and the outrageously hilarious classic 'Mean Girls' are fantastic, would they work if they were rebooted with an all male cast? I highly doubt it.

I have a hot take which I hope doesn't get me lynched. Im not a fan of the current 'trend' or remaking films with an all woman cast. I recently watched Ocean's 8 and thought it was great fun, but had no reason to link itself to the Oceans series other than casually mentioning the names of some of the characters in the previous series. There's also the Ghostbusters reboot and I have just read that there is going to be an all-female reboot of 'The Mask'.

My argument isn't that im against all-female casts (on the contrary), but that directors are using this as a gimmick and pairing it with previously successful films to cash in. Films like 'Bad Moms', 'Bridesmaids', 'Pitch Perfect', 'Charlies Angels' and the outrageously hilarious classic 'Mean Girls' are fantastic, would they work if they were rebooted with an all male cast? I highly doubt it.
A critic of comics that I follow makes the point that gender/race swapping of characters is just tokenism and “tokenism is not representation.”

It’s hard for Hollywood to make a movie about women where the women’s main role is not caring about men or babies so yes, it’s hard to reverse the roles.

It could be great if it's handled well! High school culture has changed so much with the advent of smartphones and social media.
This is why I was somewhat interested in the Carrie remake a few years back (that and Chloe Grace-Moretz is usually pretty good). They had a lot of potential to show how traditional "bullying" in schools has changed with the newer technology, but they did absolutely nothing with any of it. I think there was a scene where some girls took a video of her with their phones but that was basically it. Wasted opportunity, for real.

Reactions: oak
It’s hard for Hollywood to make a movie about women where the women’s main role is not caring about men or babies so yes, it’s hard to reverse the roles.

My wife loves to do the Bechdel test after every movie we watch. I used to chuckle at the notion but it's eerie how accurate that test proves out Hollywood's inability to write substantial parts for women.

Back