Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

Yours is much much fancier. I’m just patching 40 year old veneer so I can paint it all.

You're not gonna paint yours cuz you fancy.
Well, it's all cedar and it's been here since 1960. So we figured, we'll leave it and try to work with it. Jury is still out as to whether the "look" is gunna fly or not...

I feel like if my entire basement esthetic were a car, it would currently be rounding a mountain bend at 150 miles an hour... on two wheels.

It might also be a little on fire.

Well, it's all cedar and it's been here since 1960. So we figured, we'll leave it and try to work with it. Jury is still out as to whether the "look" is gunna fly or not...

I feel like if my entire basement esthetic were a car, it would currently be rounding a mountain bend at 150 miles an hour... on two wheels.

It might also be a little on fire.
I dig the wood. I would love to do stained cedar in my office. With a pattern like this on one wall.

34DA3358-27DD-4B85-9D93-571FFA503C7D.jpeg

Having been audited once before I don’t burn shit. I flood the IRS with stuff and say come at me bro!

ah yeah that’s one of two equally acceptable approachs. (a) burn everything incriminating, plausible deniability; or (b) bury it in so much dull shit that they’ll never be arsed enough, or have the resources, to find it...

Also, thank god I'm on PAYE tax...

Not directly related to Home Improvement but does anyone else have horrible luck with hardwired smoke detectors? I seriously have on average of 5 false alarms in the middle of the night a year. Like whole house beeping waking me up and putting me on edge for a week. It's terrible. I usually end up just disconnecting the problem child and get too nervous to install a new one. Last time I hooked a new one up that one literally went off that night. Is this a common struggle???

Not directly related to Home Improvement but does anyone else have horrible luck with hardwired smoke detectors? I seriously have on average of 5 false alarms in the middle of the night a year. Like whole house beeping waking me up and putting me on edge for a week. It's terrible. I usually end up just disconnecting the problem child and get too nervous to install a new one. Last time I hooked a new one up that one literally went off that night. Is this a common struggle???
Mine are hardwired but I don't have any issues, but I get all my stuff wired by electricians because electricity scares me... because it's magic, painful magic.

Mine are hardwired but I don't have any issues, but I get all my stuff wired by electricians because electricity scares me... because it's magic, painful magic.
Most of the wiring is already there and there's just quick clips that go into the alarm. I just buy the same brand so I don't to swap the quick connect.

You've never lived until you've wired an outlet when it's still hot.
I mean I wouldn't live for long if I tried that. The first day I took ownership of my house I removed a timer from a step down transformer and a one foot tall flame exploded out of the transformer. The previous owner hadn't insulated the wire.

PAINFUL MAGIC

Back