Hip Hop

I'm not really sure if this is the place to share, but it seems like as good of a place as any. I have been producing hip-hop for about 4-5 years now and have finally reached a point where I want to start consistently sharing my music and releasing it on streaming platforms. My first beat is scheduled to go up on streaming services next Friday 8/23 and I would really appreciate any support / feedback. My style is very much classic sample-based boom-bap, but with some modern touches to keep it fresh. But funny enough, this first instrumental I am releasing is all original music that I wrote/recorded myself. My plan is to release a couple loose beats in the next couple weeks as I finalize my first beat tape (about 16-20 tracks).

I have included a link below where you can pre-save the track and please let me know if there is a better place to post this kinda thing.

I am also including a link to my SoundCloud just so you can get an idea of the beats I have been making. Some of them are from a LONG time ago and I feel like I have improved substantially since I first started uploading stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure if this is the place to share, but it seems like as good of a place as any. I have been producing hip-hop for about 4-5 years now and have finally reached a point where I want to start consistently sharing my music and releasing it on streaming platforms. My first beat is scheduled to go up on streaming services next Friday 8/23 and I would really appreciate any support / feedback. My style is very much classic sample-based boom-bap, but with some modern touches to keep it fresh. But funny enough, this first instrumental I am releasing is all original music that I wrote/recorded myself. My plan is to release a couple loose beats in the next couple weeks as I finalize my first beat tape (about 16-20 tracks).

I have included a link below where you can pre-save the track and please let me know if there is a better place to post this kinda thing.

I am also including a link to my SoundCloud just so you can get an idea of the beats I have been making. Some of them are from a LONG time ago and I feel like I have improved substantially since I first started uploading stuff.

Always will support artists amoung us who share on here, thanks and looking forward to hearing more.

Man, these labels are making passing on these releases really easy. $75 for the Mach x Muggs is silly even if it had been a top quality vinyl release and it really feel like they tossed this vinyl release off as a money grab. It sucks because I love the album. But there is literally no cover art yet they still made a picture disc and charged $50 more for it WITHOUT including the bonus 12" they did before. As @phramenma noted, dude didn't even change the center labels for the white "variant". Literally the lowest effort of any Soul Assassins vinyl release and it's currently Top 3 in terms of the music.

Flee Lord needs to link back up with GGBR. I don't even know who Air Vinyl is, but $51 shipped for a 19 minute album just ain't happening. And the Eto Beats album is OK but not $50 shipped OK.

I was in for that Lee Scratch Perry x Mr. Green but it sucks it's basically just a side of music and a side of instrumentals, again for like $50 shipped.

Think that Loretta might be the only label getting my money today. I'm digging this Fastlife album and I can tolerate the price. Plus Loretta puts out great product. Some of the best quality releases I've received.

Man, these labels are making passing on these releases really easy. $75 for the Mach x Muggs is silly even if it had been a top quality vinyl release and it really feel like they tossed this vinyl release off as a money grab. It sucks because I love the album. But there is literally no cover art yet they still made a picture disc and charged $50 more for it WITHOUT including the bonus 12" they did before. As @phramenma noted, dude didn't even change the center labels for the white "variant". Literally the lowest effort of any Soul Assassins vinyl release and it's currently Top 3 in terms of the music.

Flee Lord needs to link back up with GGBR. I don't even know who Air Vinyl is, but $51 shipped for a 19 minute album just ain't happening. And the Eto Beats album is OK but not $50 shipped OK.

I was in for that Lee Scratch Perry x Mr. Green but it sucks it's basically just a side of music and a side of instrumentals, again for like $50 shipped.

Think that Loretta might be the only label getting my money today. I'm digging this Fastlife album and I can tolerate the price. Plus Loretta puts out great product. Some of the best quality releases I've received.
I bit on the Flee, but wasnt happy about it. It might be my favorite of his from this year and that splatter mockup looks real nice. Not a fan of it being put out by a new label that by the looks of it have never done vinyl before.

Last edited:

Muggs came out and said no Rappcats or Tuff Kong for this one either so 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m passing on everything today. Hope everyone gets what they want.

Muggs came out and said no Rappcats or Tuff Kong for this one either so 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m passing on everything today. Hope everyone gets what they want.
So pissed about this Kill Em All vinyl rollout. Oh well, you can't have everything you want, I guess...

BTW - If these were priced as they were before, I'm guessing at least one of them would've sold out by now. As it stands, there are over 70 of each variant still available. This one might've jumped the shark...

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 10.47.22 AM.png

So pissed about this Kill Em All vinyl rollout. Oh well, you can't have everything you want, I guess...

BTW - If these were priced as they were before, I'm guessing at least one of them would've sold out by now. As it stands, there are over 70 of each variant still available. This one might've jumped the shark...

View attachment 14462
Good. I'm actively rooting against these albums even though I enjoy most of them. They could use a failure or two in hope it will bring the price down even a little.

Back