Hip Hop

Way better than the last one, tho the mixing is trash. Joba is the only one I felt worked on that beat, and that was cause the euphonium was barely playing during his part. I really hope the rest of the production isn't like these two songs cause I'm not here for it.
Song at the end is the best snippet so far.

Merlyn is a hype rapper that just doesnt do his job.
Ameer was the lead rapper. He gone.
Kevin was the follow up rapper/hook/catch. He didnt do a hook/catch

The rest did they jobs tho.

Reactions: oak
Yeah, this new BROCKHAMPTON isn't anything special at all. It's still cool and it's not bad, but it definitely isn't Saturation trilogy era good. BROCKHAMPTON were the best hip-hop breakthrough act by far in 2017. They owned that year in hip-hop big time! Can't see it happening with their upcoming album.....

Megan Thee Stallion, Little Simz, Quelle Chris, Tyler The Creator and Denzel Curry are the hip-hop acts this year that really have came through with 🔥🔥🔥 albums! YBN Cordae album is pretty good, it isn't an amazing 2019 hip-hop debut release like Megan Thee Stallion's or Slowthai, but I'm looking forward to his next album because I see potential.

BROCKHAMPTON's Iridescence was pretty good, but it didn't stand out in the end amongst other rap albums of 2018. Noname, Tierra Whack, Playboi Carti, KIDS SEE GHOSTS, J.I.D., Cardi B, JPEGMAFIA all had better debut studio albums. It was a step down. Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy was an album I'd give 6.5/10 first, but now after listening to it and letting it breathe a bit, the album has really grown on me. I would give that album a 8.2/10 now. Iridescence is the opposite. I'd give Iridescence a 8.4/10 because it does have some great bangers and there were some real highlights in there like 'Weight', 'Tape' & 'Thug Life'. But i'd give the album like a 7.0/10 now. It's a bit of a tiresome listen whereas Cardi's Invasion of Privacy is exciting. You play the album and 'Get Up 10' already has you excited in a cinematic way. With Iridescence, 'New Orleans' as the first track is a downer and isn't exciting at all. It just feels recycled and bland....

I feel like this new BROCKHAMPTON album from those two singles will continue their downfall. I hope this album is better than Iridescence but I have a feeling it won't be.

playboi carti? interesting.

I own it on vinyl but it copped alot of hate lol

Actually nvm your talking about Die Lit which was loved.

Reactions: oak
Back