Hip Hop

The official pressing got cancelled for no reason. :(
Still waiting for some company to press this...
Patiently waiting as well! I can imagine VMP doing an exclusive of it.

Noname’s Room 25, Tierra Whack’s Whack World and Playboi Carti’s Die Lit are the three hip hop releases from last year I’m waiting for to be released on vinyl. I have a strong feeling VMP will eventually exclusively press one of those three!

Megan Thee Stallion, Little Simz, Quelle Chris, Tyler The Creator and Denzel Curry are the hip-hop acts this year that really have came through with 🔥🔥🔥 albums! YBN Cordae album is pretty good, it isn't an amazing 2019 hip-hop debut release like Megan Thee Stallion's or Slowthai, but I'm looking forward to his next album because I see potential.
Strongly agree with your 2019 RHH albums, but please give the following artists a chance:
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Billy Woods & Kenny Segall, Dave, DJ Muggs & Mach-Hommy, Lukah

All I can ever think about when I listen to the first few tracks on Iridescence is how much better Ameer would make it sound. Album didn't even really pick up for me until WEIGHT, and after that it's on and off.
I'm afraid they ended up getting rid of their best material period when they vaulted PUPPY and that we'll never get that level of BH ever again.

I mean, almost everything here is better than most of their output post-ameer (there are some really fucking amazing tracks on Iridescence, though.)

Yeah, WEIGHT is the best track for me on Iridescence. It’s amazing! TAPE is the other track which is just incredible. Kevin Abstract is amazing on both tracks.

Strongly agree with your 2019 albums, but please give the following artists a chance:
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Billy Woods & Kenny Segall, Dave, DJ Muggs & Mach-Hommy, Lukah
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib is definitely up there! Billy Woods & Kenny Segall is amazing too. DJ Muggs & Mach-Mommy was really nice too! Some of the production on that album was a bit overproduced though (Lajan Jwif, ntm). That reminds me of another few collaborative albums that were amazing too...Blu & Oh No and Malibu Ken! 2019 is definitely going really well for hip-hop so far. So much great underground kind of hip-hop!

But damn, Megan Thee Stallion and Tyler The Creator and Lil Simz are the three that really brought heat this year! Freddie Gibbs & Madlib i’d say is with them three, but I think I’m just being a bit bias because I prefer Piñata more. But Piñata is one of the best hip-hip albums this decade. Bandana is definitely one of the best hip-hop albums this year so far!

By the way @phramenma, I got my James Blake vinyl yesterday and I was actually thinking about you 😂

The pressing is amazing and I love that deep Forrest green colour too! Super happy with it and I’m so happy you offered me to get it for a cheap price. So generous of you! 😊

My Janelle Monae avatar looks like Brockhampton’s Iridescence actually from a distance so I’m going to get rid of it 🤣🤣

Its not legit. All of these tracked leaked ages ago and someone put it together.
Not a bad listen but old.
That’s what I thought. I’m just going to wait for the official release! I’m super hyped because in my opinion, KIDS SEE GHOST was the best album of 2018! I’m hyped as fuck for Kanye’s next album!

I’ve got no hyped built in me for BROCKHAMPTON’s upcoming album though

Reactions: oak
That’s what I thought. I’m just going to wait for the official release! I’m super hyped because in my opinion, KIDS SEE GHOST was the best album of 2018! I’m hyped as fuck for Kanye’s next album!

I’ve got no hyped built in me for BROCKHAMPTON’s upcoming album though

Ive been watching all the gospel shows he been putting on (kanye) and if all of this shit is something to go on I think the next album/project might have alot of this content in it somehow which I wont mind.

Hyped AF.

He was suppose to release 2 albums by now going by his word.. didnt even deliver 1 yet.

A$ap Rocky x Kanye album would be heaven tho.. A guy can dream

My Janelle Monae avatar looks like Brockhampton’s Iridescence actually from a distance so I’m going to get rid of it 🤣🤣
In love with Janelle!

Glad to hear you’re liking your James Blake.

And I agree with your favorites of the year - but would definitely add Billy & Kenny to those. ;)
...oh, and Maxo is a strong grower!

Mostly praise, with the occasional fuccboi spouting off wHaT aRe ViNyLz *Spongebob Meme*. I think him adding a Z might actually be him making fun of all the requests he's gotten, probably from fans saying vinyls.

I dont care but its always interesting seeing people get so mad over it

Reactions: oak
I dont care but its always interesting seeing people get so mad over it
I find it funny when the true purists get mad when anyone even says the word vinyl. They're like "it's not vinyl, they're RECORDS."

Like chill, my man that probably tucks his t-shirts into his jeans, "records" has several meanings now given there are multiple different mediums for releasing a "record".

Back