Hip Hop

Yeah that cover is..

In the past that wouldn’t bother me so much, but for the last, well almost 2 years now I’ve worked in a deli/production facility and while we don’t do straight up slaughtering or butchering whatever, I am surrounded by enough bits of meat sitting around that it grosses me out. Seeing things like tanks full of pig snouts is just disgusting. I’ve actually been giving a go at being vegetarian because of this and so far this year I’ve only had meat once early on because I ordered chicken in some Thai food without thinking. Anyway yeah. Yuck.

Yeah that cover is..

In the past that wouldn’t bother me so much, but for the last, well almost 2 years now I’ve worked in a deli/production facility and while we don’t do straight up slaughtering or butchering whatever, I am surrounded by enough bits of meat sitting around that it grosses me out. Seeing things like tanks full of pig snouts is just disgusting. I’ve actually been giving a go at being vegetarian because of this and so far this year I’ve only had meat once early on because I ordered chicken in some Thai food without thinking. Anyway yeah. Yuck.
Vegetarian for 10 years now and completely agree that's what I found off putting. I'm assuming the cover has a reason to be what it is, but I won't be displaying this one as it spins that's for sure.

Yeah that cover is..

That's interesting, I would have guessed working in a deli or butcher shop would have the opposite effect on people. I guess it is easier to pretend that every time you eat pork, this head isn't getting cut off of a pig when you don't have to see it though.

I think the point is for it to be unsettling. It certainly fits the title of Haram by making pork, which is normally unsettling/forbidden to Muslims, unsettling to most others (except for those who regularly butcher/cook/eat pig heads). But yeah, just because it is effective from that artistic standpoint doesn't mean it is something that you want to hang on your wall!

Edit: I believe that both ELUCID and woods do eat pork though, fwiw. For sure ELUCID, I could be mistaken about woods.

Last edited:
Yeah that cover is..

This is off-topic, but, yah, my stomach for gore even regarding domesticated farm animals is weak even though I eat meat. I worked on a class action against some Tyson meat facilities regarding the wretched working conditions. The suit involved employees not getting paid for ample time spent in the "gore room" each day to clean themselves off before they could take a break, including for meals, or leave the workplace. It regularly took them the majority of their 15 minute standard (non-meal) break time to remove the blood and gore from themselves, even after stripping off their outer protective/sanitary equipment. It amounted to nearly an hour of unpaid time each day.

The descriptions of the various job duties were chilling to say the least, some people spent their entire shifts pushing blood and gore into drains with four-foot wide squeegee mops because even the troughs under the industrial equipment couldn't catch all of it. It's some shit straight out of nightmares, or Dante's Divine Comedy. To your point, even the limited time I spent in a sanitary meat locker when I worked at a grocery store a couple years ago still made me feel sick, just from the sheer quantities of meat and blood.

I'm not protesting the artist's choice, it's their album cover and I can fuck with the "ACAB" sentiment and the interplay between the album title and artwork, but yah it still makes me queezy. Dunno why I typed all this, sometimes I just get going on my keyboard as y'all may've noticed XD

HHV got copies....US distro is assumed to be Fatbeats coming soon.

Then Alc will probably do the normal, Alc version with alt cover and instrumental LP....$35 basic bitch black, $75 pork rind pressing with pork free alc edition rinds, $100 pig blood pool version with crystal vile of pigs blood

i'll probably go basic but will want the rind version in the end

HHV got copies....US distro is assumed to be Fatbeats coming soon.

Then Alc will probably do the normal, Alc version with alt cover and instrumental LP....$35 basic bitch black, $75 pork rind pressing with pork free alc edition rinds, $100 pig blood pool version with crystal vile of pigs blood

i'll probably go basic but will want the rind version in the end
That will be surprising if Alc has a version that is cheaper than Backwoodz, don't you think?

That will be surprising if Alc has a version that is cheaper than Backwoodz, don't you think?
I mean yea....but then again I think Fatbeats/us distro will be alt cover and cheaper. Billy saying this is the limited edition heavyweight version kinda leads me to believe that. Maybe he prices tier 1 at 40$ usd but we'll see

I mean yea....but then again I think Fatbeats/us distro will be alt cover and cheaper. Billy saying this is the limited edition heavyweight version kinda leads me to believe that. Maybe he prices tier 1 at 40$ usd but we'll see
Yeah uncharted territory I guess. I think for Shrines at least, the Backwoodz, HHV, and Fatbeats versions were all the same white 140g and the same price. But now woods said that thing about 180g, so who knows.

Just surprised me that they went from Shrines at $25 to this at $40. Maybe wishful thinking to blame that on Alc instead of woods.

Here's a complete U turn from the Armand Hammer drop, but definitely makes a man ponder 'Covid' shipping...

My Conway '50 Round Drum' Splatter from Vinyl Digital that shipped Nov. 12th finally landed Feb. 24th. 3+ months across the Atlantic and it landed. In great shape, no less. Fuckin' nuts :ROFLMAO:

As far as the Backwoodz 'surprise' today, had to do it but DAMN (!) that cover is B R U T A L. Still, I have a feeling it's gonna be something incredible with ALC involved across the entire project. Can't wait!

Here's a complete U turn from the Armand Hammer drop, but definitely makes a man ponder 'Covid' shipping...

My Conway '50 Round Drum' Splatter from Vinyl Digital that shipped Nov. 12th finally landed Feb. 24th. 3+ months across the Atlantic and it landed. In great shape, no less. Fuckin' nuts :ROFLMAO:

As far as the Backwoodz 'surprise' today, had to do it but DAMN (!) that cover is B R U T A L. Still, I have a feeling it's gonna be something incredible with ALC involved across the entire project. Can't wait!
So I should I expect my January 26 shipped order to arrive in May?

Well shit hopefully that means the Blue Chips I ordered from Germany off Discogs on November 16th will be landing soon 🙏

EDIT: HOLY SHIT MY BLUE CHIPS IS IN PHOENIX RIGHT NOW LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back