Hip Hop

What led you to think that Alc did the POTIC art? I hope that is true, would be very very cool. Hopefully the physicals will have it creditted.

probably because the collage artwork style has been done on multiple Alc album covers

ALC has great eye for art, that's for sure. It always makes it better for vinyl. I hate when rappers just use a photo of themselves.

Black on Both Sides is ICONIC!

That's true, it has to be at least somewhat unique if you're gonna just use yourself. Some one my least favorites are the ones like House Slippers by Joell Ortiz. That shit is so whack lmao. Or even something like The Blueprint 2 or Kingdom Come from Jay-Z.

That's true, it has to be at least somewhat unique if you're gonna just use yourself. Some one my least favorites are the ones like House Slippers by Joell Ortiz. That shit is so whack lmao. Or even something like The Blueprint 2 or Kingdom Come from Jay-Z.
Haha, I've never seen that House Slippers cover, that is goofy. I know what you mean, but I had to mention it because I love that Mos Def cover. I really do like the art on those Alc albums.

What led you to think that Alc did the POTIC art? I hope that is true, would be very very cool. Hopefully the physicals will have it creditted.
The art was made by a painter. His IG is @Kei_Imazu ... I love when people go this route for their cover art. Another one I love is the cover for the Black Thought album dropping tonight!
probably because the collage artwork style has been done on multiple Alc album covers
oh my bad. I'm giving ALC too much credit.. ha. I feel like I've read that he's done the art on his albums before. did Alchemist do the collage art from his previous releases or am I making that up too?

This forum is the life raft very cool

2015 was around when hip hop became the main focus of my record collecting, wish I'd known about the forum because I've had nobody but my girlfriend to talk to about this for years. I'd only peeked around a bit on reddit and didn't see anything appealing there, very toxic haha. Glad to have been introduced by chance to this forum by @Cloud
I used to lurk the vmp forum and randomly stumbled upon this place like a month ago or so and this has become one of my favorite places on the internet. None of my irl friends care about records and my girlfriend was getting tired of hearing me go on about them lol. This and a discord have helped me find peeps to converse with. And blow a lot of money

damn, looks like ill be too busy at 1 and will miss the BigGhost x Conway release. Maybe its a good thing, says my wallet.

BTW I dunno why its so quiet in here with all these drops but...

is a few mins away from dropping THE PRICE OF TEA IN CHINA (Limited 200 copies)

so get ready guys!

Back