Hip Hop

I know everyone is probably trying to grab that TPOTIC tomorrow and that this is a long shot, but if any of you come up with extras, I know @EmeryRK is one person that is still trying to get his hands on a copy. I found out, right after I offered to raffle mine off and he told me not to worry about him and go ahead with it anyway, but I also know he kept looking. The guy has been pretty generous to a lot of folks on the forum, so, if you happen to be one of those people he's helped out and also happen to wind up with an extra that you've grabbed specifically to offer up to someone, maybe consider him as one possible recipient.

Sorry, Emery. Dont @ me.

Looks really nice with the matching spines like that. I have ordered a small handful of albums direct from VMP over the years but always tossed the extras other than the art prints so that didn't occur to me. I've snagged Saba's Care for Me which is my best sounding hip hop pressing, Demon Days, Ready to Die obviously, Black Sabbath's Paranoid, and Lee Scratch Perry's Super Ape directly from them. Their Phrenology repress this year was a small modern miracle, completed my collection.

@Dead C I'm just shooting for 1 POTIC due to the small number of copies and as I said before its all his if I get it. For everyone who asked, Tuff Kong has a nice website but I've been following them a minute and I don't think they've ever dropped a record that had this kind of demand at the time, so we will see how she handles under pressure

Last edited:
@Dead C I'm just shooting for 1 POTIC due to the small number of copies and as I said before its all his if I get it. For everyone who asked, Tuff Kong has a nice website but I've been following them a minute and I don't think they've ever dropped a record that had this kind of demand at the time, so we will see how she handles under pressure
I'm going to try to do the same since I already got an ALC copy ordered

We will need all hands on deck for the Lulu drop. Even if he triples the number pressed everyone and their grandmother will be on that drop like sharks on chum. I've been dieing to know what the alternate artwork is going to be like.. I was hoping to stick with the aquatic-predators theme but if the alternate POTIC artwork is any sort of tell, the new Lulu cover will have some baby rabbits and ducklings frollicking in a meadow together. Not that I particularly dislike the alternate POTIC but as Tillman said its polar opposite of the sound and original art

I know everyone is probably trying to grab that TPOTIC tomorrow and that this is a long shot, but if any of you come up with extras, I know @EmeryRK is one person that is still trying to get his hands on a copy. I found out, right after I offered to raffle mine off and he told me not to worry about him and go ahead with it anyway, but I also know he kept looking. The guy has been pretty generous to a lot of folks on the forum, so, if you happen to be one of those people he's helped out and also happen to wind up with an extra that you've grabbed specifically to offer up to someone, maybe consider him as one possible recipient.

Sorry, Emery. Dont @ me.
Emery got me one of my white whales a while back and never asked for any sort of payment back and even discouraged me from trying to. I don't want this record, so if I try to get just one I might have a decent chance of getting in fairly quick (maybe wishful thinking). My point is I can try to be up 11 tomorrow and get one for him, he deserves it and I owe him (even though I'm sure he would disagree).

How long have yall had a thread together? This one is only a year old but it seems like a core group of yall had some sort of migration over from VMP?
This forum was created because VMP nuked their forums with like a three day notice. Some of the great mods and users got together and put this together very quickly so people would have a place to migrate to. I'm not sure how far back it went. I had been a lurker for a while and had only really been participating a little for a few months when it happened.

Damn, I just realized the color variant is only 50 of them and the other 150 are the black ones. Welp, there goes my hopes.
yeah, I think there were like 1,000 pressed from ALC (500 black, 300 gold, 200 grey), so with 50 of the color I'm not even sure it's worth trying for it, but that's what I'm planning on doing.. ha ha.

the only silver lining is that Tuff Kong seems to be limiting them 1 per customer.

We will need all hands on deck for the Lulu drop. Even if he triples the number pressed everyone and their grandmother will be on that drop like sharks on chum. I've been dieing to know what the alternate artwork is going to be like.. I was hoping to stick with the aquatic-predators theme but if the alternate POTIC artwork is any sort of tell, the new Lulu cover will have some baby rabbits and ducklings frollicking in a meadow together. Not that I particularly dislike the alternate POTIC but as Tillman said its polar opposite of the sound and original art
I'm guessing this new Price Of Tea art is more of a Tuff Kong thing than an Alchemist thing, especially since I'm pretty sure ALC himself did the OG Price Of Tea art. that said, yeah hopefully it won't be shit art.

I like the Tuff Kong album art version. It's cool and the shadow on the cover is awesome. I still prefer the Alc art. The Tuff Kong color variant and obi are cool too but that white/cream splatter thing might come out looking like the bottom of a bowl of fruity pebbles with the last few pebbles being strewn about in the milk. I think that one Conway Trillmatic variant looks similar.

How long have yall had a thread together? This one is only a year old but it seems like a core group of yall had some sort of migration over from VMP?
The OG thread was started after the Dilla AOTM back in 2015 on the old VMP forums. I lurked for about a year before joining. I've seen a lot of people come and go but this always stays as one of my favorite places on the internet.

Last edited:
This forum was created because VMP nuked their forums with like a three day notice. Some of the great mods and users got together and put this together very quickly so people would have a place to migrate to. I'm not sure how far back it went. I had been a lurker for a while and had only really been participating a little for a few months when it happened.

This forum is the life raft very cool

The OG thread was started after the Dilla AOTM back in 2015 on the old VMP forums. I lurked for about a year before joining. I've seen a lot of people come and go but this always stays as one of my favorite places on the internet.

2015 was around when hip hop became the main focus of my record collecting, wish I'd known about the forum because I've had nobody but my girlfriend to talk to about this for years. I'd only peeked around a bit on reddit and didn't see anything appealing there, very toxic haha. Glad to have been introduced by chance to this forum by @Cloud

I'm guessing this new Price Of Tea art is more of a Tuff Kong thing than an Alchemist thing, especially since I'm pretty sure ALC himself did the OG Price Of Tea art. that said, yeah hopefully it won't be shit art.
What led you to think that Alc did the POTIC art? I hope that is true, would be very very cool. Hopefully the physicals will have it creditted.

What led you to think that Alc did the POTIC art? I hope that is true, would be very very cool. Hopefully the physicals will have it creditted.

The art was made by a painter. His IG is @Kei_Imazu ... I love when people go this route for their cover art. Another one I love is the cover for the Black Thought album dropping tonight!

Last edited:
Back