Hip Hop

yup.
he seems to have gone by a couple of variations of the name Cooks, but the same dude. finally gave Reasonable Drought a listen this weekend, it's really good! I said it when I first listened to Flygod is an Awesome God 2 that I think he had the best features on it... definitely am going to keep an eye on this dude!

Yeah I’m preordering the album, we know of any variants? (I’m cool with a wide release)

Any other quality abstract hip hop albums from this year worth checking out? I’ve gotten through Innocent Country 2 by Quelle Chris and Chris Keys, Shrines by Armand Hammer, and Weight of the World by MIKE so far

Any other quality abstract hip hop albums from this year worth checking out? I’ve gotten through Innocent Country 2 by Quelle Chris and Chris Keys, Shrines by Armand Hammer, and Weight of the World by MIKE so far
R.A.P. Ferreira, Serengeti, Ka, Koreatown Oddity are my other favorites.

Medhane, Shrapknel, AKAI SOLO (although his album isn't my favorite of his, the EP this week is solid), Navy Blue, Lojii worth checking out but not at the same level for me at the moment.

The Preservation album is almost like a greatest hits of the underground at the moment.

Hard to know where to draw the line with abstract so sorry if those don't all fit.

Last edited:
Along with everything already mentioned I highly recommend $auceMoney - The Future Shocked, Flesh Covered, Meatbags of the 85. It's made its way into my top 10 for the year.

are you looking for more current releases, or just good abstract hip-hop in general from any era?

edit: duh. you specifically said from this year. my bad.

Along with everything already mentioned I highly recommend $auceMoney - The Future Shocked, Flesh Covered, Meatbags of the 85. It's made its way into my top 10 for the year.
I got confused and couldn't find that at first. It's $ilkmoney apparently. I haven't heard about that, I'll check it out, thanks!

Great to see that they’re repressing some stuff! No reason to leave money on the table (particularly as independent artists) when the demand is there imo. If they could stop doing the records I already own and get around to Known Unknowns and Dour Candy it would be greatly appreciated though :LOL:
Ha, exactly! I have Known, Unknowns, so I'd like History Will Absolve Me and Dour Candy, please. He liked and retweeted someone's petition for them a while back, so I think it's likely.

Some Super Chron Flight Brothers pressings would be cool too.

He also said there weren't current plans to repress Armand Hammer - Rome.

Back